Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Citizenship

Options
  • 09-06-2002 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

Right er i dunno if this is the appropriate place to post but it was the only one i thought was most relavent.

I live in the north in derry, and i want a career in the irish army when im done with uni. But i need to get irish citizenship and i was wondering do any of your know how to go about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Being from the North it shouldn't be too hard to get citzenship...
    one question: "Are you studying in the republic?" If so that will also make it easier...

Write the The Department of the Taoiseach regarding citzenship application. I'm not sure where is the best place but it is definitly the best place to start that I can think of....

You will beable to hold dual citzenship like most British citzens that have lived here for a long period... Start now and when you finish your studies you will probably have it...

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

As far as i know it is just a matter of filling in the forms like anyone else in Ireland, but I don't know. Find out from the Department of Foreign affairs.

Also it certainly should not be to diffucult as many representives of Ireland come from the North.

Mary McAleas (spelling???)
    Dana
    Austin Curry etc etc.

Advertisement