Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

56k + 36k

• 06-08-2001 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Ok i know this proly should be in the Net/Comms but i feal like it gets more puplicity here.

Any ways lads... I have a 56k fax etx USR and a 36 k Ext fax USR.. is there any way i can get these to link up into my line and give me say 80k or so Kpbs, and also is it my 56k modem that is regualated not to go faster 52k or the lines in ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Even if you had 2 phone lines, this woudl not be possible as it requires it to be enabled @ your ISP.

The 2 phone numbers would have to be identified as half/half ISDN and when both are active to tie them together.

nice idea though.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Are you sure about that? I was always under the impression that linux/bsd could take almost any two network interfaces and slap 'em together...

Anyway adren, it could cost far more than it would be worth. Getting ISDN and using a single channel would be faster, and possibly cheaper, but I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

It is two separate connections so this means the isp sees it as two separate users, this can be enabled by using multilink in windows 98.

Hope dat elps wink.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yurmasyurda:
    It is two separate connections so this means the isp sees it as two separate users, this can be enabled by using multilink in windows 98.

Hope dat elps wink.gif
    </font>

I'm using Windows ME
    I don't seem to be able to find "multilink"
    any ideas if its supposed to be on ME or were I can D/L such a simular program?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Sooo lads instructions on how 2 do it?
    PLs smile.gif ?

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    I'm using Windows ME
    I don't seem to be able to find "multilink"
    any ideas if its supposed to be on ME or were I can D/L such a simular program?

</font>

Multilink should be available in XP and if it's not in yours download the following and it should do the job.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,4053,00.asp

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -ADREN-:
    Sooo lads instructions on how 2 do it?
    PLs smile.gif ?
    </font>

Here ye gooo...

http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/stories/main/0,5594,2584801-4,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:
    Even if you had 2 phone lines, this woudl not be possible as it requires it to be enabled @ your ISP.

</font>

think hes right i rember hearing somthn about this b4 and its all down to the isp

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

ok maby im wrong because of what is said lower as ive never tested it with normal phone lines but now that you mention it since it can be done with isdn it should work on those 2 . but im going to give it a try when i borrow 2 modems off some m8's

[This message has been edited by elexes (edited 06-08-2001).]

Nope, have tested this meself and if that was the case you could use separate isps and combine the bandwith, but it does work with any isp.

Advertisement