Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail & Outlook

Options
  • 09-06-2002 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Folks

I was using outlook to down load all my mails from hotmail into a folder there, this saves me beng online while reading and replying to mails.

Last week this stopped working, I have unistalled an reinstalled all the setting etc but nothing seems to work, any ideas from any one.

thanks, paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yea, you won't be able to do it any more as far as I know. They have stopped pop3 access.

You can't do it with Yahoo now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can still access your POP3 accounts using hotmail, but you have to pay for their 'extra storage' upgrade to do so.

However, extra storage is only available in the USA, Canada and the UK.

If Microsoft upgraded their Extra Storage plan to include more countries, they could have made millions.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

does any one know any other emailo accounts that you can forward/sychronize to outlook?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Eircom.net
    and O2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Which Outlook? Express or XP?

Hotmail are also going to remove there pop3 support. That means we will from sometime in June or July. Got an email from em recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm using a program called web2pop to grab my mail for my yahoo.com accounts

www.web2pop.com

Very happy with it - it'll also do AOl, mail.com and so on (listed on the site)

(not freeware unfortunately)

Worth getting if you have a few accounts that you can't/won't abandon. It also has the advantage that if you use Yahoo for throwaway accounts (not much point in paying for these if you're only going to use hem for six months) you can just use the app to grab your mail from various accounts as you go and onyl pay once for the app. It's under E20

As an aside, pop3 is still working for yahoo.ie and yahoo.co.uk addresses:D (for the moment at any rate)

Advertisement