Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Graphics

Options
  • 10-06-2002 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Probably my weakest subject. Was very good in Junior Cert, got a B Higher. Didn't do any during Transition Year, and now I don't have a clue! I can't even remember which is End View / Front View / Plan! Any websites out there with notes, as I REALLY need to study it over the Summer. Any notes from readers would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

I've only had a quick look but cant find anything other than the folens page which you need to buy the papers and get a password for. I can't wait for that exam though. It's my strongest subject. Got an A in the junior and 82% in the mock on a really hard paper.

Oops just noticed your not doing the leaving just yet. I'd say just look over all your sheets from junior cert and pay attention in class. Saying that though we had an excellent teacher. Try get you homework in on time too. Mine was always late. Sometimes weeks and sometimes it didn't get done. Do some exam questions and if you run in to any problems post here or ask your teacher when you go back to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

oh boo hoo. Going into 5th not having done any work in transition year. I have my tech paper1 in 2 days, having not done anywork since 3rd year. You have 2 full years to prepare, listen in class do some work at home and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Xelsior

I hate TG, I did very well in the JC but then we got this crap substitute student guy so i haven't a clue. Just do yer best and get the hang of them isometric n' auxilary projections and true shapes, they seem to be in most questions. Once ya do that you'll be flyin it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ScottB I wouldn't worry too much. I only started TG in 5th year, I'd never done it for JC, and came out with a C1 (Higher). Very happy was me. A B in the JC shows you have an aptitude for it, so it shouldn't be much bother for you to learn what to do. TG is practice, practice, practice, even moreso than maths. Find yourself a nice big square table at home, buy a rake of A2 sheets and draw to study for it. Makes a really nice break from the mundane reading for the other subjects. :)

Advertisement