Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games board Charter

• 10-06-2002 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Right folks, I've been slack about writing one of these so far but, well, here you go.

This board is for the discussion of just about everything and anything to do with computer/videogames. That means PC games (which aren't already covered by the game-specific boards - so no Half-Life, Quake, Unreal Tournament etc) and console games of all types.

Retro gaming, gaming technology, gaming hardware and software, games industry and general games queries and posts are all welcome here.

Feel free to engage in platform advocacy, although be warned that Xbox advocacy can lead to permanent loss of bodily functions and madness.

Avoid speaking to DeadBankClerk about anything related to Atari consoles. He gets emotional.

Try actually posting here a few times before running off to Admin with your Great Super Happy Fun Idea For A Brand New Board About Games WOOOOO.

That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Also, as the announcement says: (which I must get around to moving to a sticky) No warez please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Oh yeah. Post about warez once, and get spanked for it. Post about it again, and we'll just ban you from the board. Post any links or information about warez suppliers, and I'll forward that information straight to the ELSPA crime department (no, I'm not kidding, I've done it before and people HAVE been busted on my tip-offs).

You have been warned. No warez. In ANY form.

(Discussion about chipping and general discussion of piracy is fine, and import games discussion is also fine.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Post any links or information about warez suppliers, and I'll forward that information straight to the ELSPA crime department
    that's pretty damn harsh!
    and why let people discuss chipping??? only 1 in 10 people would actually use a chipped console for playing imports.

These reasonable rules are not up for discussion. If we weren't harsh dealing with warez then Games could become a warez discussion forum and bring the whole of boards.ie with it. It's a zero tolerance policy and it's worked so far.

The rules are different for chipping because it's quasi-legal in Europe (so far)

Thread locked.

No serial number asking for or providing neither. K?

• Advertisement

FACT: "Valve have never had a license to the Quake2 engine, only for Quake1"

So Half-life was never based on the Quake2 engine. Therefore shut up about it.

Added to Charter for emphasis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement