Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Still getting popups???

• 10-06-2002 12:18pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've taken the Boards flash out to see if that is the offending flash thing. This has us and Adserver confused completely....

Are people still getting them?

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Ill let ya know when I get home, I never get them in work so I cant say now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I havnt been getting one single pop-up at all and Ive been browsing from various pcs and browsers.

However, now and then I get this annoying double click sound when I click back (its like a redirect click when you open a page and it opens another) or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

no not happening anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

all's well here. not a pop-up to be found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Aye tis grand now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

dev. on this thread ,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54069

i got pushed to this page after about 15 secs
    http://adserver.digiserve.ie/adframe.php?what=_468x60&clientID=61&n=boards1&source=boards&target=_new

(also happened the first time i started to reply to this thread)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

when did you get that pablo?

Was it last week or this week?

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

just got one now, today wednesday 12th 9:12am

goes too: http://image73.eguard.com/edebtconsolidation/12927-0/debtredcenter-060702-pub.html

poped up when i clicked on your new thread on blacknova about the 1 ship bug.

Originally posted by DeVore
    when did you get that pablo?

Was it last week or this week?

DeV.
    it was yesterday , about the time that i replied to that thread .

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Damn, I could have sworn I had it licked....

DeV.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DeVore
    Damn, I could have sworn I had it licked....

DeV.
    lick me instead ;)

in these situations i would blame adserver , maybe you should do them from here (serve them on your machines, use phpAds or something) . also i think that the ad that azeil was server was probably some kinda spyware/adware/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Agreed, if anyone is getting popups where they shouldn't, they probably have spyware on their system... If you havent used Ad-Aware before, do so now, it's one of the most useful programs ever. You can get it from here:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

If its not the adserver pop up thing ur getting its probably a different problem then the one Dev has been trying to fix. It's all fixed here anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just got one now when I refreshed the main page. Was a sneaky little american cúnt - just a plain unresizeable box, with no window controls except 'close window', so I couldn't get a URL for it. Seems like one of those american sh1te companies is whoring themselves on the boards. Get some smack down! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

see i told u, there takin over.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

Weird, we'll turn it off for a while and see what happens then.

I suspect those who are getting real ads are victims of Kazza or something.

popups to adserver.digiserve.ie are definitely bugs.

DeV.

Advertisement