Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck in MOHAA

Options
  • 10-06-2002 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm on mission 5 (I think) where you start off and rescue this guy from an aeroplane. Your first submission is to bring him to a safe house nearby. Now, this is the thing, I've killed all the enemies that I could find dotted around the place, mad my way up this road to a church, killed the guys in the church and then the guys that hope off a truck. Trouble is, I don't know where to go next. I've gone all over the map but can't see where I need to go next. Little help ? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Theres a little button on the right hand side of the alter in the church, its a bit hard to see so youll have to crouch down to touch it.

I had to ask someone in irc when i got to that point, dunno how anyone would find it without being told :E

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Took me alsmot as long to find that button as it did to beat the game... well not quite... Game is very easy.. too easy.. one day and it was over.. same with Max Payne.. ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Great, thanks guys. I'll take a look for that when I get home this evening.

Like most games these days, they're short but great fun while they last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I must have been the only person who found the altar thing first time, but I suppose I had a little help. As I ran up to the altar, I noticed a bit of clipping around the bottom, yes my Geforce 4Ti, somehow picked that split second to give it's first and only glitch, and show me that there was a hole under the altar.

Lucky break, a lot of people I know spent hours walking round wondering what to do.

Once i was miles away from the church then i had a brainwave... shoot the window... yeah secret area or something.. ran all the way back and nailed the window.. Doh... eventuall found the button though.. It was fun.... when bullets did not work on the window i tried rockets and stuff.. even tried blowing up the alter.. ah well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

Guys

Is this game worth buying at all??? I have heard its quite short, but extremely good fun while it lasts (esp the Omaha beach level).

What about online play/multiplayer?? Is there much of a "scene"??

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Am I the only person who didn't think much of this game ??

a) Too short.
    b) Very boring in places
    c) Omaha Beach was good, but very over-rated (maybe it was overhyped before the game came out)
    d) Those awful f**king sniper levels

I did like the realism (the way you had to pick your shots - you couldn't run into a room with guns blazing).

Ah maybe its just me! :D

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I love Mohaa ,one of my fav games but since i competed Single player a few months ago i havent touched ,but i stil play online a lot.
    I think its a cracking Multiplayer game.
    Kdja

Great game, a must have. However, I was waiting for it for over a year having completed both the PSX versions. I played the demo maybe 30 times too, however now that I have it, I barely touch it and haven't yet completed it. When I do get into it, I play it for hours. I think the magazines got it wrong, graphics aside, I genuinely prefer Half Life and Deus Ex as a single player game. However MOHAA would still be an all time favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i got stuck at that same bit till i discover ed the radar thingy telling you where you had to go next. Made the game easy after that for me, and i played it on hard. A bit short alright! Still great!

• Advertisement

Definatly short... im on Morrowind now and that is far from short... In fact in some ways there is no end.. its open ended so so what the feck you like... Even if you complete the main storyline you still have thousands of other things to do! I have got pretty far into the game as far as character development goes and i have barely even gone near the main story line!

On the look out for Morrowind actually. Has it been released here yet. It's hard to tell in Waterford, we normally get things a month later than others, and more expensive too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

This is about the Medals awarded:

On difficult...to get the Medal o Honor, do you need to complete all the other medal tasks if you already have them completed on the other difficulty levels?

or do you still get the medal for just completing the game on difficult?

I've finished it on Easy n Medium and almost have it capped on Difficult.

Atm..GtA3 is taking up my time...that and the LC..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by TmB
    Am I the only person who didn't think much of this game ??

a) Too short.
    b) Very boring in places
    c) Omaha Beach was good, but very over-rated (maybe it was overhyped before the game came out)

I did like the realism (the way you had to pick your shots - you couldn't run into a room with guns blazing).

I thought it sucked im afraid,totally and utterly blew goats IMO :(
    Too easy too short, and too damn unrealistic (where did you get it being realistic? a karbinier should be instant kill 90% of the time instead of 10hp,and a panzerfaust that exlodeds 6inch's from your head does 30 damage!) And running in all guns ablazing is probably the easiest way to finish the game as the enemies cant hit a barn yard from more than 5foot away,and thats by throwing the gun at it, and yes,i did finish it on hard.

While the omaha map was good,it lasted about 10mins, and the beach maps in DoD are much more fun.

(edit for typo's)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by TmB

That snowy forest level with all the fog where there are loads of blokes with sniper rifles shooting at you from behind trees bushes etc was HORRIBLE.

Didnt think much of the game really. Had some nice points but respawning enemies got boring quickly.

Advertisement