Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time course in Music Technology

Options
  • 10-06-2002 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm looking for some info on part-time courses in Music Technlogy, something for beginners????? Any recommendations??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Im a qualified sound engineer and music technician (rar!) i done a full time course in Pulse just off Camden street but they do Part Time courses too, its a great place and the teachers are sound.

heres the place
    www.pulserecording.com
    Bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

hmmm, im interested in that kind of thing too. sounds really good, is it expensive??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

bombidol...are ye worth a bollox or was it a waste of precious youth???
    if you are good ( and i mean excellent ) what kind of music are you into recording???

Dunno what the part time is , but the full time was about £3000 for part 1 and 2 and i think they offer part 3 now too.
    i was alright, i was mostly doing for the experience and not for a job, cause there are basically no jobs out there, pulse can get a job if you are amazing, my best mate who done the course with me ended up as assisant engineer in westwood studio's, he done, the Corr's new album, and a load more stuff for big names, he was supposed to do U2's new album but he quit before it.
    The hours are terrible usually from 11 in the morning till 2-3 at night, and you only get paid if you are working, so if the studio isnt booked for a week you arent paid.

Bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

did greg quit westland? or is that a diff. assistant engineer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Grau

Bombidol, what other area's can you work in as a sound engineer / music technican? What about live gigs etc???

the work is hard to come by, but you could go into, live engineering, studio engineering, post production, editing, Roadie,producing, loads of stuff

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 4_sticks

try www.bcfe.ie great course for sond tech

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

The Temple Bar Music Centre do sound engineering courses aswell
    Check out www.tbmc.ie and www.soundtraining.com

Advertisement