Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I buggered my Registry

• 07-08-2001 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Emmm, Ok Ok... this is becoming a bad habit I know, my computer hates me, I swear.
    Anyway I wanted to 'modify' a program, so I used regedit in Win2k. I backed up (exported)my reg then set to work. But things did not go to plan. Soooo I decided to restore my backed up reg file (23MB of it). So (logged in as Admin) I attempted to restore (import) the file... It got to about 99% and then it gave me some error saying it couldnt access the registry, thus corrupting alot of what had been there. I tried doing this in Safe mode, Safe mode with command prompt, etc. etc. Same problem. Is there any way to manually restore the registry? or to revert it to its most basic form? Or is there a better prog. than regedit? I'm desperate at this stage. HELP!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nucular

Not to sound like a dumbass but did you try booting into your last known good... As far as I remember this should bring you back to your last working registry configuration but then again if you have booted successfully it might not work..

If I think of anything else I will let you know.

btw a good reg editor is registrar lite. you'll get it off tucows as far as I know and you will also get it off most recent PCPlus cover-discs in the library section..

hope this helps.

Advertisement