Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Net ISDN Subscription

Options
  • 10-06-2002 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Just wondering if any of you who have ISDN could tell me if it is indeed true that the price per minute of the offpeak subscription package is 0.12 cent per minute.

I'm talking about the package where you pay €280 a year and then you get reduced rates.. I was on the phone to eircom about ISDN and they quoted me NOUGHT POINT ONE TWO CENT per minute! That seems incredible if it is true.. 10% of the cost for €23 a month extra?

Am I hearing things or are eircom finally doing something right?

Get back to me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

If indeed it is true, I may consider taking advantage of this :)

This may be one of the things that may restore some of my faith in Eircom... IF it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If it is it must be new, was always the same as a local call as far as i know... 0.12c is pretty good Thats over a cent cheaper than a local call with normal phone line! Not bad... you could use 2 channels for cheaper than a 56k modem!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

From their website on the high speed pricing section

Call Charges

It costs just 1.26c per minute to surf the net at evenings and weekends, while normal telephone rates are applied for local, national and international voice and data calls. Using two channels (128kbps) means you'll be charged for two calls.

All prices quoted include VAT @ 21%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

That can't be right, I couldn't see any info on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TitanFire

As I say, I'm very hessitant to believe it, even thought an eircom salesperson said so to me. I even asked here to repeat it. She said: "That's Nought Point One Two"...

I'm going to ring them again and ask for confirmation. If it is true, which by the way I doubt, I'll ask to see what kind of number it is..

I really dont see how eircom could suddenly offer this. Most likely she made a mistake, but there ya go. I was really asking if anyone was using this..

Is anyone using ANY subscription account with eircom net where you pay €280 a year?

I'll go ring them now. It's not suddenly 1/4/02 again is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by TitanFire
    Just wondering if any of you who have ISDN could tell me if it is indeed true that the price per minute of the offpeak subscription package is 0.12 cent per minute.

I'm talking about the package where you pay €280 a year and then you get reduced rates.. I was on the phone to eircom about ISDN and they quoted me NOUGHT POINT ONE TWO CENT per minute! That seems incredible if it is true.. 10% of the cost for €23 a month extra?

Am I hearing things or are eircom finally doing something right?

Get back to me :)

I suspect that someone somewhere is confused.
    What package are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TitanFire

I rang Eircom Net earlier today and they said they never heard of it. Apparently, and I quote: "Eircom Ireland Got It Wrong"... What the hell? I dont know what's up with this company but it seems to me one hand is stealing from the other, eh?

The only subscription package they were on about was the normal one where the off peak charges go down to 0.9c after VAT.

Pretty rubbish now :( 0.12 was unreal. Had a feeling it wasnt true though, sigh. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Advertisement