Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas Adams

Options
  • 10-06-2002 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

'Salmon of the doubt'

Just bought the book and its a douglas allright.
    For the people who did not had the fortunate time to read the previous ones, Douglas Adams has written the 'Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy' which is in my opinion the best thing i have ever read in my life.

'Salmon of the doubt' is a last remaining view on the life and works of DNA (Douglas Newman Adams). When he died, people opened up his Mac and collected the thousands of files sitting there. Some of the are real pearls and will move you between laughter and insanity. It will also tell you more about his life outside the lime light and the project he was involved in. Big supporter of the human rights for apes, and loads of other themes.

I would recommend this book to his fans and interrested.
    For the people who didnt read anything , well ...you should...:D

adios Adams !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

And the answer is 42 but since i forgot the question it does not matter any more!

Yeah Adams is brilliant, mostly harmless was my least fave but i have to say i liked so long an thanks for all the fish.. thought that was class. Also read the Dirk Gently books too! Excellent......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

To paraphrase Father Ted

Dougal: Douglas Adams (God) was brilliant Ted..
    Ted (With deep sincerity): Ah, he was fantastic..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

poor doug.....:(

wit his previous books he revised them about a million times b4 publishing them, so taats why this one isnt as good.

still nothin cud top the original hhgttg!:D :D:D

".....this was because the reason was out to lunch....":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

More of Douglas Adams views on ecology can be found in Last Chance To See.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

I heard so much about The Hitchiker's Guide before I actually read it that I was disapointed. I expected something Great, something Marvellous and astounding and well...

It was good, it was funny, but it was not as great as I expected it to be. I've read better. (I know I'm going to get lynched for that one.... Ah well.... :D )

The twisted point of view he adopts on everything is strangely satisfactory, but... It's a good book... but....

I think people are making too much fuss about it, and 'ruin' the pleasure of those who haven't read it yet. I expected so much that I was disapointed. If people had told me less about it, I would probably have loved it...

Twisted isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

well that just proves the point that he Douglas was right about one thing, people are fascinated by electronic watches.
    and people tend to speak a lot just because they do not have to think ... Therefore , whatever you say is useless because one:you were fascinated by a electronic watch and two, you just accepted the fact that people make noises and you accepted this as truth..
    three: this also will be considered as total nonsense, which in fact it is...

have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Douglas Adams was a God. Thanks for the other titles, ill check them out.

You might also like Tom Robbins - Try Half ASleep in Frogs Pajamas or the more famous, Even Cowgirls get the Blues.

Advertisement