Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astonishingly blatant plug

Options
  • 10-06-2002 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

A new site I'm working on has just gone live at www.gamesindustry.biz - I realise that it's probably not going to be of much interest to the casual gamers, but I figured some of the more hardcore gamers might be interested in the occasional insight into the workings of the industry.

It's not feature complete as yet, but please feel free to have a poke about and let me know what you think...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi Shinji,

Content is really cool and informative, and I've now bookmarked the site, and will include it on my 'daily-view' list, if it's updated regularly.

Choice of colours is a little bit suspect though...
    Reminds me of '70s Whip-Express TV Ads....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Oh, and a quick additional comment -
    Looking at some of the pages, i.e. the publishing feature , there is just too much information on the page.. You need to draw the readers eye towards the article you want them to read...

Maybe you could just include the news headings on the RHS, instead of including the first line from each article.. and in some way, try to centre the main article in the page, instead of having it slightly off-centred on the left...

My 2c... I'm a website reader, as opposed to a designer, so what do I know?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm a website reader, as opposed to a designer, so what do I know?!

I'm a writer, not a designer. But I do get to poke my webchimps with a pointy stick over stuff like this. :)

Thanks for your comments - the right hand side bar is a bit messed up, I reckon, so I think I'll try and get one of the guys to have a look at improving that and helping the readability.

Glad you seem to like the site :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice crisp clean layout, cool logo, great content.

And great URL !! :-)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Excellent site, straight onto my Favourites list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

hmmm.. vaguely games related. I'll allow it just this once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

lets hope it gets updated more than the CTW site ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

lets hope it gets updated more than the CTW site

Not that that would be much of an achievement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Remind me to slap both of you around the head :)

I don't have the distraction of a magazine to write on a weekly basis, which helps with the updating ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

all talk and no action as always fahey ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Looks.....technical. Although a collection of release dates is handy to have :)

Advertisement