Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA on Sky

• 10-06-2002 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I recorded the Wexford GAA match and found out that I recorded a blank screen. I emailed the GAA and they said that the problem is that you can't record of Sky and not that you can't watch GAA on Sky. FOOLS.

I also emailed RTE and they said that they have forwarded it to Broadcasting Data Services. I looked for these and can't find email addresses. They said that they look after the schedule for RTE on Sky.

Waiting for reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by nokia6150
    I recorded the Wexford GAA match and found out that I recorded a blank screen. I emailed the GAA and they said that the problem is that you can't record of Sky and not that you can't watch GAA on Sky. FOOLS

they've heard of email? that's surprising for such a backwards organisation. i love the excuse for a blank screen. they must think the public are thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Xxtreme

I noticed something weird about how sky cut off the GAA on Rte. I was watching rte last sunday and a GAA match was just about to start, so i waited to see how long it would take, and nothing happened , they didn't cut off the coverage until i decided to change the channel, and then switched back. It was a blank screen when i switched back. I probably should have waited longer to see if they would have cut it off anyway. I got to see the opening sequence and the panel of expets talking. mabey if i hadn't changed the channel i could have seen the whole thing.

no, sadly you wouldn't. i saw the start of match coverage before and about 2 minutes into the program the picture cut off. good idea though if it worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

I remember years ago, in the analogue days, the German channel called Premiere showed Bundesliga football on Friday evenings, and the pre-game (to use an American term) was FTA, until the teams took the field and the ref blew the whistle, at which point (usually!) encrypted. Is this what happens in the GAA case?

PS- I say usually because, on rare-and hillarious occasions- the encryption failed to work, and we saw full matches by mistake. So, GAA fans, keep the faith, and you never know what might happen!

Originally posted by CHRISTYG
    I remember years ago, in the analogue days, the German channel called Premiere showed Bundesliga football on Friday evenings, and the pre-game (to use an American term) was FTA, until the teams took the field and the ref blew the whistle, at which point (usually!) encrypted.

they used to do this with the boxing too. it would only encrypt when they were fighting. in between rounds it was FTA. they also forgot to encrypt it a few times :)

• Advertisement

Even these days, "encrypted" channels occasionally turn up FTA! Last football season, I watched at least 4 PPV matches for free, when the now defunct ITV Sports Channel turned up on the Digibox "by mistake"! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I was watchin the Ireland game on Sky when at exactly 3:10, the screen went BLANK.....RTE/GAA b*stards!!! Thank GOD I haven't cancelled the NTL Sub yet! Imagine if it'd happened a few minutes earlier!!! :(:(:(

On another note...very unfortunate our world cup campaign has ended this way, but all credit to the lads for gettin this far!

Why did the picture go blank during the Ireland match? Was it something to do with 3.10 being (I presume!) the time the GAA game was due to take place, and was it on some sort of timing mechanism, so that whatever was on, it would have gone at 3.10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nokia6150

I got a replys from (1) advertising standards authority of Ireland and (2) BCI. (3) RTE

(1) Can't do anything
    (2) We have passed on your complaint to RTE/GAA.
    (3) Refused to comment, and I got a phone no. for Broadcasting Data Services Sky's soul agent in Éire.

Please post reply if I can post phone no.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by nokia6150

(3) Refused to comment, and I got a phone no. for Broadcasting Data Services Sky's soul agent in Éire.

Please post reply if I can post phone no.:confused:

Ooooh. Please don't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement