Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subwoofers

Options
  • 10-06-2002 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi I'm lookin to match a good subwoofer to my Mission 780's. I mainly want them for extra bass for my listening - I'm a bass junkie :p. I've about €450 to shop with. Any suggestions?

Dizz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

for home cinema or mainly just music listening?

if its the latter, have a look around for reviews of the mission 70series.. 8" driver.. they have amazing punch and speed, you'll be missing a slight depth (that really comes only from a larger driver).. but it probably won't be noticed due to the quality of the product.

http://www.audioreview.com/Subwoofers/Mission,70as/PRD_123954_2741crx.aspx

(its actually one of the few subs ive heard tbh, connected to a sony-875, but it was very impressive)

Theres a good choice well within that budget in HM entertainment on Dawson st or out in BlackRock,by good makes such as tannoy,kef,mission, etc.
    You could also try clooney audio out in Blackrock, they are very helpfull and are renovating a large home cinema demo room at the moment which should be finished in a week or so.
    Also very willing to wire up different combinations for you to listen to-very important :)
    mm

do hm entertianment have a listening room? i've been in there several times and haven't exactly noticed a large selection of subs ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bucon

Mission have released the 78AS (active sub) which will complement the 78 range nicely in terms of tonality and general responsivness.

http://www.mission.co.uk/78as.htm

It does however retail for E1100! Which is almost as much as a pair of 783's!

Bucon.

ouch, thats a lotta money for a sub.. check with richer sounds on the price (no chance of listening to it there though)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kali
    do hm entertianment have a listening room? i've been in there several times and haven't exactly noticed a large selection of subs ..
    They have in Blackrock,I found them a bit pushy though without wanting to bother setting up different combinations.
    Complete different attitude in clooney.
    mm

Advertisement