Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a million questions !(Echostar AD3000)

• 10-06-2002 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

New to this..
    what do I need to do to view Sky digital on an Echostar AD3000IP Viaccess. It has 1 slot for a card and 2 further slots for card carriers. I have tried the regular sky digital card in the card slot without result. Any tips, maybe it's not possible.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

It is not possible as 1) a NDS CAM is not commerically available and 2) in order to "run" Sky @ the mo, you need to marry viewing cards to the STB and as no work around has been found for this then running the normal Echostar OS will not work and so 3) Sky's OS is encrypted and has not been possible to emulate it on other STB's other than those specifically designed for SD.

Easy Answer: no : get a Sky box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 seaview

Thnx for the quick response. I have a Sky Box, just was curious if I could receive SD on the Echostar.
    Thanks again, more questions soon.

Advertisement