Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD + RAM Upgrade

• 07-08-2001 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

K,

I wanna get another 256MB RAM + a 40GB HD, but I don't have access to a credit card. So I will rule out buying components over the net. So where in Eire can I get the best deal on this kinda stuff. I am in Galway, but are willing to travel to get the goods.

Gerry, since you are in the business, what can you quote me, coz I will be in Dublin in the near future.

I know very little about upgrading and hardware overall (I is a programmer and would prefer sticking to that). I have a fairly good idea of what things cost, from my m8s who are in to HW. But I would appreciate any help I can get!

Thanx in advance,

;-phobos-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

AIB offer a single use Credit Card specifically for buying stuff on the net.The offer it to anyone over 16 who is a current account AIB holder.

That may be worth a try?

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 07-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I've checked around, and its not worth me supplying the parts to you, since there isn't much in it. Itdirect have good prices on both the hard drive and the ram, looks like £215 all in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I've mentioned Jaguar before on another topic, but I've used them and they are quite good. http://www.jaguarcompsys.ie

That AIB solution sounds good though and will allow you to get cheaper prices over on "the mainland". wink.gif

Advertisement