Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Modem not hitting 128k

• 05-08-2001 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Right, I recently formatted me H/d and now me ISDN connection wont hit 128k, It will only allow me to add one multilink adapter whereas last time it would allow 2 of em....
    Any help would be appreciated

http://www.trust.com/computer/ thats it, new drivers and all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Artur

I wouldnt have expected it to ver hit 128k Its very rare or inpossible that you could hit 128k cause the line and ISP are going to lag you a bit so I you would ever reach your maximum BandWith!

Need your Computer repaired E-Mail me at
    Artur@Ireland.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Artur:
    I wouldnt have expected it to ver hit 128k Its very rare or inpossible that you could hit 128k cause the line and ISP are going to lag you a bit so I you would ever reach your maximum BandWith!
    </font>
    nope. on isdn you will almost always reach get a perfect steady 128k connect. Its digital, line troubles dont occur (bar the line dieing completely). He probably just has his drivers ****ed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,461 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do the TA settings need to be changed to use both channels. The TA I had at work was only rated to 119200 or aome such figure.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Artur:
    I wouldnt have expected it to ver hit 128k Its very rare or inpossible that you could hit 128k

</font>

u sure about that ?!?! ive seen many pc's hit 128k without any probs every time including mine .

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

AFAIK, and i'm hoping some one can verify this, the performance of your ISDN (ping wise especially i think) is very much decided by the quality of your hardware (Drake take note). Hence that crappy Eircom thing they give you as stndard for £90 is a waste, pings of 80-120 instead of 60-70.
    And it deffinately sounds like his drivers are scuppered.
    Get that Eicon Diva thing, £70 about i'm told. you're getting a bit of cash now, aren't you JP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Your drivers are messed up. There are a few different trust isdn terminal adapters, just try different drivers.

Artur, stop posting crap about things which you don't have a clue about.

SyxPak, you are dead right. The eircom ta is useless for pings, I have an eicon diva here which gives a nice 40-50 ping in quakeworld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I installed win2k and re-installed the drivers then for win2k and its werkin perfect now, also, Its a trust modem not an eircom one John so that isnt the problem,
    I still get a ping of 60 but it occasionally hops to 80

Advertisement