Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

session life

• 11-06-2002 1:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

how long are sessions kept alive?

sometimes have to leave a post half way through and come back to it a bit later

when posting i've to log in again and then get this:
    No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

have to try and back up to the right page and repost

can't see an option of extending session time in user cp (not looking to be remembered indefinitely, just a 'longer' session than is dealt at present, in the control panel would be fine)

is there a way, any hassle?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

there is the option on the end of the admin interface , but mostly people would prefer to be logged out instead of left in for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

okays

what's the current session time out? it just seems pretty short compared to most other boards i've used

okays :) - so if the (short) session life needs to be left as it is...

how about looking at the error (see previous post) after re-logging in when a post is made after the session expires?

any takers, am i asking in the wrong place?

thanks

Brian G

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

the best thing to do in my oinion is to copy what you have written and click the link to the forum at the top of the screen if you have been away and re-select the thread or else you will lose what you have already typed

thanks Castaway, yup I've been coping the text into notepad before I hit the Submit Reply button after the first time it happened

most of the time hitting back works and the post is still there, but it's all hassle :(

thanks
    B

• Advertisement
Advertisement