Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walls new single.

Options
  • 11-06-2002 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

That tune is absolutely deadly!!! They should have called it "To the Land of the Rising Sun" coinciding with the World Cup and all that. Why aren't The Walls on the Witnness bill? Get them on it I say....by any means necessary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Originally posted by The Wasp
    They should have called it "To the Land of the Rising Sun" coinciding with the World Cup and all that.

That would make them little whores just like another Irish band who did something similar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

hmmm...wonder who them lil whores are....

anyway...heard that walls song loads of times...then found out it was the walls....very impressed...nothing like 'hi-lo' and much better (still love hi-lo)....

its great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

fantastic song.
    sHep :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

where can i get it?
    is it out in the shops?
    can it be found on the net or does any1 have it who can transfer it, say in irc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Just heard it on Phantom.Pretty good tune alright.Is that the song used for the AIB ad?
    Sounds like it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

[That would make them little whores just like another Irish band who did something similar... [/B]

as opposed to selling the song to a.i.b. for there ****ty life is what you make of it ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 curlygirl

they're frickin cool ads!

Doing something to make money out of your music is not necessarily selling out. They haven't compromised the quality of their music for money.

If you think about it they've probably all got day jobs and licensing the song gives them a bit of money. It also means an awful lot of people in Ireland are going to hear it and they'll probably win a fair few new fans. They don't have to change their music for all this they just have to allow a piece of it to be used in an ad for AIB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by conZ
    where can i get it?
    is it out in the shops?
    can it be found on the net or does any1 have it who can transfer it, say in irc?

just to let you know (since I work on their website), it will be officially released soon

Check out www.thewalls.ie for more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Originally posted by Monkey
    Doing something to make money out of your music is not necessarily selling out. They haven't compromised the quality of their music for money.

If you think about it they've probably all got day jobs and licensing the song gives them a bit of money. It also means an awful lot of people in Ireland are going to hear it and they'll probably win a fair few new fans. They don't have to change their music for all this they just have to allow a piece of it to be used in an ad for AIB

i can see your point but i think that once you put your song out in an ad / soundtrack etc it ceases to be yours or your fans, it will just be known as FOR EXAMPLE the a.i.b. ad song or resivoir dogs ear torture scene song etc

reebok wanted 'pump it up' by elvis costelleo from one of his early albums before he became really famous but he said no for kind of same reason he said "its just selling out the fans who know and associate the song with a certain time or place"
    but that said i'm not a starving musician {im a starving bum!!!!} but also now that i think of it the walls are hardly starving musician what with their stunning **** they did before
    i'm waffling now so ill stop, as of the sentence im typing now.......period

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Just heard the other day that AIB wanted to use "heads are gonna roll",but something happened with the dispatch of the song or something,so this was song was sent instead...
    Don't know how true it is,don't even know where I heard it!
    Been in a druken stupor since last Tuesday...might have even dreamt the bloody thing!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Whatever about selling out, but the use of the music in the ads is very effective. Looking forward to the single.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Yeah, I've been championing this song since it came out on the AIB ad, its a cool tune.

:)

I don't think they really made any decent amount of money out of The Stunning in the end - they had problems with the major label and probably got ripped off like loads of small bands do. They borrowed and spent a fortune putting out and promoting Hi-lo too I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

any one going to the chili peppers??

the walls are playing at it...

woo hoo!!!

thats three bands i wanna see that night, what with new order playing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

The first time I heard this tune, I was hooked. It is definately my favourite (non-dance) tune of the year. If anybody get's their hands on this will they put it where the rest of us can reach it. Just say the word and I'm there. Otherwise we're all going to have to sit tight until July 5th :(

;-phobos-) [the impatient]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 musicman

They should have called the song 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins.

Have none of you noticed the guitar riff and drum beat are almost identical!

Come on people!

Reward originality!

I'm just damn well angry now!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Leila

I have to agree with Musicman
    The verses in the ad are very similar melodically and stylisically to 1979
    The whole selling out thing is a tricky subject
    I dont think anyone should sell their music to ads but then we dont know if the Walls have control of thier own publishing plus

its easy to take the moral high ground if your already loaded like Elvis Costello
    Its a more difficult decision if your not like the Walls

On the subject of things sounding similar that Zeppo song is very like Big Bang Baby by Stone Temple Pilots IMHO

Advertisement