Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in a-ha may need to read this

Options
  • 11-06-2002 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

phantom maybe too cool to play 'a-ha' but anyway here's some news for any Secret fans out there.
    It's been confirmed that a-ha are to play a concert here in ireland on the 15th of october 2002 (more info to follow from www.a-ha.com) to support their new c.d "lifelines" a moody atmospheric release that will cause many a goose bump.
    Talking of 'atmospheric', another band with a new release (which I don't know if anyone else will have any interest in on this messege board) is 'curve' who release their new, well kinda new c.d 'gift' later this month. Bye

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

where did you see this...i don't see it on aha.com....**** i just booked tickets for manchester ....doh!

sorry isee it now........the point ??? there's no way they'll fill that...the olympia would been better !

not that i'm that interested...my girlfriend loves them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 curve

If you go into a-ha.com main page click on the calender of events on the left side of the main page.
    Get the october calender 2002 and click on the 16th and you should get a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 curve

If you go into a-ha.com main page click on the calender of events on the left side of the main page.
    Get the october calender 2002 and click on the 16th and you should get a result.

did you get the new album...i just bought it for her at the weekend...sounds good...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭skittles

thanks for that info on both counts. where have curve been all this time?? as for a-ha it's a pity they still carry that 80's stereotype because minor earth major sky was seriously overlooked last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wolfbag

Should that first message not have been, "Anyone interested in A-Ha, you're on the wrong ****ing bulletin board!"? Arf arf!

Ah now, just joking, no offence intended...A-Ha definitely produced one of the best vids of the 80's with that in-and-out-of-the-comic-book effect one, plus I had a major hottie for yer wan in that vid when I was a pup. Does anyone remember those Howard Jones videos with the big bald bloke who hid in a pile of chains? That was really bizarre...now I think of it, Howard Jones, where is he now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

oh dont slag 80's a-ha i loved them, take on me is one of my favourite 80's songs, and the video ruled :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

a-ha rock. first band I was ever into, "the sun always shines on TV" was the first song to put a shiver down my spine. still does! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭skittles

Seriously though, judge them not on 80's production values but on craftmanship check out minor earth major sky...not too shaby at all!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Oh my God!!!I'm not alone.....Jaysus,I used to wear those leather bands around my wrists.I thought I was so bloody cool,What was I thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

you were thinking 'gosh, I'm cool'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

1985 My first 5k Race win and that crowd were no 1......taaaakke onnn mmeeee taaakkeee meee ohhhh!!! Illl beeee goone. That Video was actually drawn by artists...no PC after effects then. :) ah ..I can just smell the see through pink wella hair gel now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Originally posted by wolfbag
    Does anyone remember those Howard Jones videos with the big bald bloke who hid in a pile of chains?

I even remember the bald bloke's name, it was Jez.

Howard Jones, where is he now?

Still making music, it would seem: http://www.howardjones.com/HoJo/home.html

My mum served him some cheese in Quinsworth in Dun Laoghaire once. It was the proudest moment in her cheese-demonstrating-in-supermarkets career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Originally posted by Lolo

I even remember the bald bloke's name, it was Jez.

[/QUOTE

Ooh, it would seem I was wrong - I've just read the website and it was actually Jed.

Yes, I'm very bored in work today.

Advertisement