Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2k Right Click --> New

• 06-08-2001 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Anytime I use this, it causes the explorer session to crash and never actually opens the menu.

I can make new directories etc using other programs, its just the explorer right click extension doesnt work properly.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I tried the MS knowledge base and there was nothing, id would imagine that this could only be solved by reinstall(possibly clean).

I know this my be patronizing, but have you upgraded to SP2?

You could also try IE beta 6.XX.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I actually havent tried SP2 wink.gif

Its also an upgraded NT4 system as when I try a new install(of 2k) it doesnt pick up the domains on the network, so I have to install NT and upgrade to get the full list of domains to log onto. (aaargh i hear you say).

It hasnt gotten to reinstall time just yet, its not that necessary, everything can be done another way for now. Ill try sp2 and see, thanks.

(I had also tried the knowledge base, I should have mentioned it, sorry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Oh well SP2 was a no go. Id imagine its something in the New 'section'(The bit of the registry telling Explorer what 'should' be listed in the menu) causing problems.

Ill go see if i can find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Trawling the *Reg..never fun, Go for XP advanced server...wow!!!

huge install footprint though, 1.6Gig.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

In my experience, win2k is the only m$ os so far that reinstalls(repairs) , do actually fix things and don't fúck up windows. Should fix this and leave everthing else intact

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement