Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New "Dublin City & Environs Motoring Map"

Options
  • 11-06-2002 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭

The Ordnance Survey have produced a new "Dublin City & Environs Motoring Map".

It's a version of the sheet 50 Discovery series map, with most of the clutter removed (no elevations, no gridlines, no parks, woods). Motorways and dual carriageways shown as such. All M-50 Junctions shown in detail (not perfect). Extends as far west as Maynooth & Kill, north of Swords and south of Shankill.

Includes R449 (Celbridge - M4 - Intel), R133 (Tallaght - Ballinteer - Dundrum), Wyckham by-pass. Dundrum Bypass, South Eastern Motorway, Northern Motorway shown as under construction.

Errors: some DART stations (GCD, Pearse, Connolly) in the wrong place. Some railway missing. Some level crossings and restricted bridge heights missing. Cherbourg ferry indicated as all year round (summer only). Filter lanes on most M50 junctions not shown

One-sided paper, gloss, vertical (North-South) fold, cardboard cover, 1:50,000 €6.60.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

wont beat the dublin city mapbook. my god that things found me to more job interviews and house partys than i can count. god bless you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah the map book is the win. I was actually nearly overjoyed when the new version came out a while ago. But then I saw a butterfly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

my god .. was the butterfly on the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Sounds good enough to hang on the wall!

I e-mailed the Ordance Survey recently, looking for the complete road atlas of Ireland on CD-ROM, and they have not gotten back to me yet. I have MS Autoroute 2001, and while ok for GB, it is absolute pants for this whole island. I would like them to produce one, heaven knows the GB OS have one on the market too.

Maybe folk here could e-mail the OS and let them know that there is a bit of demand for it??

Damo.

Advertisement