Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Newmarket-on-Fergus Bypass

Options
  • 11-06-2002 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭

I understand the Newmarket-on-Fergus Bypass (N-18 & N-19) will open shortly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

Its a pity there isnt one for Ennis, thats clare county council for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Aye, it's been fun on those new bypass roundabouts lately (they seem to have signs on most of them now - not before time)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

News on the long-awaited by-pass (from today's Sunday Times)

It's been held up a bit due to re-routing.

Why?

There's a bush there that Eddie Lenihan swears blind was a meeting place for Munster and Connaught fairies on their way to Kerry. He wants it to be a tourist attraction.

(no, I'm not making this up, but I think Eddie is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

About time it was bypassed.

The number of hours I wasted crawling through it last summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

onlu part of it will be open soon, the ennis bypass has been halted for a while i think, the one that'll bring yo out onto the galway road...
    the newmarket bypass should be finished alright, haevtn been up there in a while.
    yay, 200 posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Nero

Part of the bypass is now open. It's a little bit messy getting on and off it but at least you don't have to go in through the village any more. I believe the rest of it will open when the rest of the improvements in Shannon finish.

As for the Ennis bypass ... it's been completely halted due to lack of funding. Let's hope James Breen can do something about it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As long as you don't have to drive through the vilage any more ...

Most racing tracks would be proud of that chicane let along smal villages with two waybus and truck traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭matthiku

I know, this is an old thread. But nevertheless, since this bypass opened, I was always annoyed by the stupid way in which the new road leads on to the old road near the Clare Inn Hotel. It's so stupidly designed, that every work day, between 5 pm and 7pm, there is a huge tailback on the dual carrriage way (sometimes even more then 2 kilometers) because all traffic leaving the dual carriage way has to wait at the roundabout whith the traffic from the bypassed town (Newmarket on Fergus). That caused many drivers to bypass the bypass and go through Newmarket again or, even worse, go thru the backroad to avoid the traffic. But no matter which alternative you use, all traffic ends up in this single roundabout which in turn cloggs up the road.

And all this just because the junction wasn't properly finished and some people in charge decided to leave it that way for years until the Ennis bypass will be finished hopefully in 2007!

Advertisement