Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip

Options
  • 11-06-2002 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

i got a job in leixlip and i will soon be moving up. whats the best place to live up there, as in estates and that and what is the rent like?

any help would be great..

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Your best bets are Leixlip itself, Maynooth (might be a good time now, seeing as students will have gone home), Celbridge and Lucan and less so Ronansotwn & Palmerstown. Each would have a good stock of mostly traditional 3-4 bedroom semi-detached houses (not so many apartments), a lot of which will be house shares or young couples taking people in to help with their mortgages. I'm not sure what rents are like. Be conscious that these areas are a fair bit out from the city centre, but there are bus and train links.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Celbridge is fairly ok,good pubs, good bus service(usually every half hour)and the most important thing is that the nite link will leave you home after a very heavy drinking session in the city centre.Dont know what rents are like but as far as i know most accomodation is usually in a family home-ie room only rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

:):)
    thanks for that. if anyone knows anything more please let me know.

thanks a lot

;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Originally posted by xern
    i got a job in leixlip and i will soon be moving up. whats the best place to live up there, as in estates and that and what is the rent like?

any help would be great..

:cool:

Being a Leixlipuddlian myself, perhaps I can shed some light on it.

Will you be travelling into Dublin much? If so, Ryevale Lawns, Castletown, Oaklawn, Oaklawn West are near enough both train and bus. Mostly 3-4 bed semi-detached, whole-house rentals, not lodging with a family as richie18 suggests, so you would be sharing with others.

If you are working in Intel, it might be better to live in Maynooth as the company provides a bus from Celbridge via Maynooth to Intel and then to Hewlett Packard (going the wrong way if you are living in Leixlip - I know, a bit daft). Having said that, the housing estates mentioned above are withing 20min walking distance of Intel which is fine in the Summer...

If you are looking for a newer, more modern house (with higher rents), further on from Castletown are the likes of Glen Easton, Riniwade and a few others. These are a bit out of the way, but have been built in the past five years, so are quite nice. You will need a car/bike, though, or be fit for a long walk to trains/bus/Intel/Hewlett Packard.

Not too sure about rents, though expect to pay around €100 a week in most places. Check out the Local Auctioneer

Hope this helps,

TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Living in Lucan myself.....my bro works out in intel, and bought a place in Lucan. It literally takes him 5mins to get from home to work in the morning, because he's going the opposite way (outbound) to everyone else. Where we are, housing is cheap - 3 bed semi-d for ~€180,000 depending on loads of factors, and there's still a sh1tload being built. Shops/pubs are close, 20 mins walk. If I was you, I'd stay where you are for a while (if you're not paying rent already) and save up for a deposit on a house. You're better off in the long run - I'm assuming your 23/24 and gonna be on 25k+ in your new job. Lucan is grand place to live. Buses are more regular than in Dublin 16/15/24, and we have 3 nitelinks to choose from (all-important). I commute on a motorbike to Donnybrook/UCD, and never spends more than 30mins getting out there.

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement