Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would Ireland play?

• 11-06-2002 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

If Ireland beat Spain or South Africa on Sunday, who would they play in the quarter-finals? (Imagine, Republic of Ireland in the World Cup Quarter-Final) Although I'm a Northern Protestant. and some folk think we shouldn't be supporting Eire (as some ill-informed-indeed pure ignorant people- still call the country, I find no problem in doing so)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

good bloody question, I have no idea...

Someone find out, quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Im not a big soccer fan but who would Ireland have a better chance of beating or getting a draw against, Spain or S. Africa :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

mexico, italy south korea usa type team i suspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

What WWM said - the winner of the second round tie between the winners of Group G [ Italy, Croatia, Mexico, Ecudador ] and the runners up of Group D [ Portugal, Korea, USA, Poland ].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by CHRISTYG
    (Imagine, Republic of Ireland in the World Cup Quarter-Final)

Imagine???? Some of us remember it mate:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Dustaz

Imagine???? Some of us remember it mate:)

And what a day that was....damn Italians.

Best feeling though was getting our own back in '94. :D brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I read an interview with some spanish player (Raul I seem to remember?) and he was saying that now France (and presumably Argentina after today) were knocked out it would make Spains (inevitable?) path to the trophy much easier. Clearly these guys think they can just go out and beat anybody and this is exactly the mindset we'd want our opponents to have!

Ireland are never better than when they are the underdogs and totally non-rated by our opponents. Added to the fact that Spain have proved in all 3 matches that they couldn't defend if the managers life depened on it and I can smell
    a major upset happening on Sunday.

Advertisement