Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording from phone to computer?

• 07-08-2001 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Well I wanna get a funny message off my phone onto my computer but I don't know how?
    I saw on the humour boards someone doin this before?
    So just need the info smile.gif

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (Insert quote here)
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

If anyone knows also I want to do the reverse....

I want to get a funny msg off my PC onto my mobile and land line.

Apart From literally holding the phone up to the speaker (That may be the only way w/ mobile I know), does anyone have a suggestion!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

[This message has been edited by 80project.com (edited 07-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bats

don't know what was answered before but you can buy a cable that connects the cradle of a phone (landline) to a 1/8 inch jack and stick that into the input of your pc. Of course, if you're talking about a mobile, you'll need to check your voicemail from a landline smile.gif

There's a shop on jervis street in dublin that sells these and all kinds of other cool cable. Can't remember the name though-sorry!

Re: 80project's query, you actually get a semi-decent playback if you just hold your phone up to the speaker. It works for me! Otherwise i'd imagine you'd have to go messing around splicing cables and the like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Ok, for some reason this method doesn't work at full volume until about 20 seconds into the call (think it's MY setup rather than in general, but...)

Just use phone dialer as normal (to 08x5xxxxxx)
    Start recording now if you want / can? -
    Using sound recorder to sample the phone line (my sound card mixer lists the phone line as a valid output / recording source)
    Use a normal landline phone to enter your password, select the message, etc (the PC should still be recording), then umm, hang up when you're done, hit "stop" and hang up the line through phone dialer.

of course you don't have to use Sound Recorder, but i haven't anything else to hand.
    I think real jukebox plus will do this too ("record from line in" - set it to sample the phone line instead).

*shrugs*
    sorry if thats confusing.
    best i can do.

--
    .sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

you wouldnt be talking about malpins would you

Advertisement