Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

History - Easiest Ever Exam

• 11-06-2002 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

I only studied 4 topics and didn't even put any effort into them but yet those 4 topics came up. I can't believe i got away with doing so little work for history this year :) My Michael Davitt question was textbook stuff which i should get an A in. My Lemass question was equally as good and should also get me an A. I kind messed my Spanish Civil War question up but i still reckon its a C. I don't think i discussed my Russia in revolution question right so it'll probably only be a B

I assume they are trying to get the amount of people doing history up because the questions they asked were so ridiculously easy. What i couldn't believe were the amount of people coming out of it complaining it was tough, daft buggers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

Thought it was a very generous paper, after last years being easy they were all saying it was going to be tought but not at all...

Section A - Butt, B - Cumann na nGaedhal, C - Versailles was going to do Russia but how are you supposed to discuss anything when you have to cover a 47 year period in a three page essay?. Section D was a nice de Gaulle question and the research topic for E.

I was more nervous going into that exam than any of the others, and given what I had prepared it was the best paper I could have asked for, with the possible exception of post WW2 Britain which I thought was a cert....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

Oh yeah and special mention for the Ordinary level geezer who spent the first half an hour writing about the Flight of the Earls! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

You think that was funny? You should have talked to some of the people coming out of my exam centre! I was talking to three people, one of them said that they only got 3 essay's done and they were all only 2 1/2 pages. Another went in and did his research topic and 1 page for the other essay's and another guy made up his research topic on the day because he didn't do a research topic during the year and couldn't do any of the given essays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I couldnt believe Irish history especially section 1.

Butt, Davitt and Unionism I could of anwsered!

Section 2 was just as good I had CNnG and Lemass

Bismarc came up in 3 which was easy enough

and finally I got lucky with Mussolini / Hitler and Euro Union / Cold war

Advertisement