Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant think straight

Options
  • 11-06-2002 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I met a wonderful girl in Dublin last wednesday night, and we spent a glorious night together, I stupidly didnt get her number and cant remember her last name or where she works. I know I have to see her again but dont know what to do. The big problem is that I live in wales, so cant just casually wait for her in the bar I met her in. i know i should just forget it and put her out of my mind but this is six days on now and i still cant stop thinking about her, she really is THE one and my stupidity has let her go and the thought of never ever seeing her again is tearing me apart. please give me some constructive advice (i already know what a fool i am)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well sorry to say the odds of u ever meating her again are one in a million unless your friends know her r somthn like that you could come back like every weekend and go to the same pub r somthn like that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

like elexes said.. youre screwed... It really is a sad situation.. You could always get yourself down to Pearse St. Garda station, go to the sketch artist and get her arrested for disturbing the peace or something. She'll be pissed off at you but at least you'll see her again :D

Are you back in Wales now? If not, get into the bar and wait for her from opening time to closing time if need be. If youre back in Wales, time for a little holiday back to Dublin for a week or two. Wont be much of a holiday waiting in a pub for 2 weeks solid but if if gets you and her together... then well... I neednt go on.

Anyway look at it this way; you've learnt a valuable lesson. Not a great thing to say to you I realise but lifes a bitch. I hope you meet her again anyway, theres nothing worse than a missed opportunity.

Happened to me recently except I got her number. Pity she turned into a complete psychopath tho.. like I said, lifes a bitch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tell us all about her and we might know her.
    no...seriously
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

yes like tell us all how tall how she preformed if she done anything weird or exciting :p sound like she did somthn right . but i wish you good luck in finding her .. your going to need it

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I am willing to offer my services as a stalker, but I need more to go on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ah lads! ye are horrible :D

my constructive advice is, forget about her and move on, there is no way you can become attached to someone in one night - by next month you will have forgotten her, lots of fishies out there, catch another!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I was in the same situation once.... /que mindless rambling poorly told storey ;)

Twas back in the old county, the year was '98, a young azezil of 17 attended a charity disco in aid of some something or other.
    The night was passing away rather uneventfully when he decided to grace the dance floor with his slick moves and general ape like posture. Twas whilst engaging in one of his more energetic moves, one which required moving arms and legs, that he did spy a maiden fair and true. He waddled over to said maiden and they did dance n frolic till they could frolic no more.

The night soon ended and our dashing hero was thorn away from his fair maiden by the orgeress herself, his sister. Over the coming weeks azezil did't grow love sick for his fair maid and set forth on a valiant quest to seek her out. After a long and argues search he found his fair maid but dis't foul things up by sending a funny (in his opinion) valentines card which did offend the fair maiden.

Heart broken and alone our young price did retreat into hidden shame and spoke never again speak of his first lust at first sight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Perhaps it might be worthwhile examining what part of yourself that you like/ thought you lost that she evoked? Was it the fact taht you felt good about yourself or got a confidance boost?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hedgetrimmer - i'll go back to your point in a minute.

OK, so anyone want to seriously play detective for me? First thing to find out is if any of you ever been to Foley's in Merrion Row? It was just round the corner from my hotel, but more importantly she and her friend from work walked in there on their way home from work - so she works in that area - they were going to go to a gym but had changed their mind and fancied a few drinks instead (see, i told you she was perfect!!) I'd come over last wednesday for the day to watch the football game v germany with a large group, some of whom were scottish and it was their accents which attracted her friend's attenetion. Samantha (the friend) had lived in glasgow for a number of her early years and instantly struck up conversation, (she didnt have a scottish accent though). Roisin (? pronounced Ro-sheen, but i've guessed the spelling) looked at me, smiled and the rest just happened. I know that Roisin is 27, works with Samantha at the same place which is "in media", she is about 5 foot 3 inches tall, shoulder length dark hair, the most beautiful dark eyes i've ever seen and the face of an angel (this was not my beer eyes but how she looked the next morning). I also know that she lived in southampton for a year. If it helps Samantha is 23ish, about 5 foot 10 inches, short hair and very attractive (which she was extremely aware of and thus ultimately not attractive at all!!) Anyone know her (Roisin that is!!)? My guess is that she only drinks in Foley's after work.

She was just spellbindingly enchanting (i know i sound like a complete tosser but its the only way i can describe her). For the record we talked continuously for a number of hours and she never took those eyes off mine for a second (thats probably how she cast her spell!!), she came back to my room and blah blah blah. she was just so comfortable with me when she woke the next morning, no awkwardness or silly conversation.

Anyone track her down and I'll buy you substantial quantities of alcohol when I return to see Roisin.

HEDGETRIMMER - you are absoloutely right in what you say about wanting what she evoked in me, but off the mark about the ego boost/self confidence part. I have never had romantic views on girls before, great company but truth is just wanted to get in their pants as quickly as I could and then move on to the next. shallow man, thats me. now that is ego boosting stuff. Roisin, for whatever reason, completely opened me up to real love. anyone who doesnt believe in the "love at first sight" nonsense - think again. I am a convert, Roisin is my guide.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

good god you have it bad!!
    why don't you just ring the pub, if they go in there a lot after work, then the one of the bar men might know who you're talking about - even if he does not want to give you info maybe he will pass along a message.... tell him it's for 'twu wove' maybe he will have a heart.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I agree with Beruthiel, there's no WAY you can know someone is 'the one' after spending one night with them, and i'm sure talking to each other was very low down your agenda.

Face it, a girl who f*cks you (someone she knew she would probably never see again) the same night she meets you isn't looking for a serious relationship.

If she felt the same way she'd have left you contact details.

I don't mean to be harsh, just telling it like it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Screw that , id say go find her,(im the old romantic type)
    and to do this youre going to have to do stupid things like posting the bar you meet her in , what she looks like , and any other details you can think off.
    We could do a boards person hunt :)
    do you remember if she went to college?
    where she went ?
    Ring the bar
    who were you in dublin with ? get them to pop back in on the night you meet her.

if you really want to meet her again , then dont give up just get a
    little lateral in your thinking. Get all the info you know about her
    and post it. Actually maybe leave out her name and people
    can then post in ways to look for her using the info.

Isnt the hunt the best part of a relationship? ;)

hehe Am I blind or what , how did I miss that post !!
    Sorry unreg.
    Foleys on merrion row, media , gym now it gets interesting or crazy depending on your viewing

first start off finding out the main buildings around merrion st what they do? k you need a mate in dublin to do this . now
    get a list of the main companies and their numbers.
    get a list of the gyms in that area too

<quote>she and her friend from work walked in there on their way home from work - so she works in that area - they were going to go to a gym </quote>

so she lives their as well. The latennight barpeople probably knows her , espically if shes a stunner. Ring them tell em the situation

Get on the phone and ring the numbers of the companies
    that do media and say " hi could you put me through to blah , ive just had a meeting with her in connection with blah, shes 8'3 with furry hair. sorry I cant remember her off the hand ."
    try that if they put you through you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've done a small bit of stalking in my life - it entailed phoning up every "Anne" in a massive firm and seeing if she was the friend of the lady I fell for one night. I found her eventually (thanks Nanook!) and her friend phoned me back. We had a great night out but it wasn't what I expected, she never really phoned me back after that! :(

But even so I say go for it. (If you want to write a message I dont mind posting it up outside the bar or inside if you speak to the barman/owner ;))
    00353-1-661-0115/676-9540 Fax:661-9808
    www.foleysbar.com

But to be honest mate, I cant believe that you brought her to the hotel, saw her the next morning and only after[/] thought she was the one and want her number. You've got to really try hard now if you think that for sure.

Are you registered in Boards.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Can you be more specific about the 'in media' part? I myself work 'in media' and i know a couple of rosins that might work within striking distance of foleys, but since the term 'media' is quite broad, youd need to narrow it down a bit. TV, Radio, Print, Avertising????

Before anything else there is one thing I must clear up (doing my knight in shining armour bit now!!) and defend her honour, whilst my "she came back to my room and blah blah blah" comment was purposely laden with inuendo the truth is all that happened was kissing, talking, kissing, talking kissing and falling asleep at some stupid time. Must have been my old shallow self wanting the innuendo.

I've read all the comments over and over and my am now rather confused, but no longer desperate.

GORDON - you are the main reason for my confusion, when you say that you've "done a small bit of stalking" i think what on earth am i doing, am i an obsessive stalker type? and in truth am starting to feel a bit of an idiot, just how ridiculous is all this? then you tell us you found your girl and did meet up (my heart goes crazy - this could happen to me) and then probably the most telling point you say "We had a great night out but it wasn't what I expected", maybe my dream like memories should stay just like that and not risk them being shattered by reality? then "But even so I say go for it" yeah yeah great (heart goes mad again!!) yep up for this now only to be brutally kicked between the legs with " I cant believe ....you think that for sure" now i am ridiculous arent I? But this confusion makes me in a strange way more settled, I cant be that desperate for her if I'm now feeling stupid about thinking I was.

STATIC M.E. might just have hit the nail on the head with "Isnt the hunt the best part of a relationship?" look at my situation, a million to one chance of ever seeing her again - now thats a hunt, and maybe just maybe thats what is driving me? truth is I think it probably is now. my dream girl, one night of romance but no action and next to zero chance of ever seeing her again but a real desire to do so - and the thought that i might just be able to pull it off is extremely exciting.

Listen guys this has really helped to sort my head out and I am going to recommend this place to anyone that needs to talk to friendly strangers - thanks - I feel liberated!!!

BUT the hunt must go on, I really do have to see her again now - 99% to know if I am right about her being "the one" and just to be with her again, and 1% to see if I can pull this off!

DUSTAZ - I dont think she ever expanded on the "in media" bit as all this sort of stuff was talked about when she was with the group of us and my mind was on how I could prise her away form the others and not really taking in all the small talk, but it was around 9ish that she turned up if that helps. Check back over my description of her - sound familiar?

I'm not giving my name or a few other details as these are the only way I will be able to verify that the Roisin you guys find is my Roisin!! Please Please Please dont post anything she tells you if you find her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement