Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting

Options
  • 11-06-2002 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Has anybody got any tips for the Accounting exam on Thursday?

I've left a lot of revision for the subject till the last minute so any ideas as to what is due to come up / general revison hints would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I haven't done a thing in Accounting for the past two months since we got our new "teacher". Whom we didn't learn a thing off. And to think I put down Accounting as one of my college courses! *shakes head* :mad:

I went looking for a revision book for ordinary level today (cos lets face it I won't pass higher) and I couldn't find any anywhere. There doesn't seem to be anything on the internet to help me either. So any tips on starting from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I too would be much appreciative of aforementioned tips :]

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Ok....here's the tips our teacher gave us. These are higher level by the way:

Q1 Sole Trader/Company

*Debtors/Creditor Control (60 mark question)
    Depreciation (60 mark)
    Club/Farm a/c (60 mark ??)

Published a/c
    *Interpretatoin of a/c
    Correction of errors

Last section:
    *Product Costing
    Flexible/cash budget

I know there's still a lot there but it cuts it down a fair bit. Thats all im covering anyway. The interpretation seems to come up every year. Dont bother doing Correction of errors (ie suspense a/c) unless you understand the whole double entry thing well. I'll probably be doing a Q1...i've heard they might be makin em easier cos hardly no one has been doing them lately. If your doing published make sure u know the notes...they're very handy marks.

Advertisement