Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funniest Apres Match I've seen

• 11-06-2002 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭

Did anyone see the Apres match that was shown after today's "Today at the World Cup" transmission ??

Well if it wasn't the funniest sketch they've done I don't know what it was.

Utterly brilliant.

For those who were completely legless in a pub/house/gutter ......

They had the scene set out identical to the infamous Roy Keane interview. And it was a complete urine taking of the whole suspension of Dunphy. The guy who does Dunphy was playing the Keane roll ( obviously ) and the guy who does Colm Murray and David O Leary was doing the guy who interviewed him.

It was just one of the funniest pieces of extracting the urine I've seen in a long long time.

Bravo Apres match!!! Bravo !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Does anyone know where one might be able to download aprés match sketches (in either audio or video formats) on the interweb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Had a quick look there and was somewhat unsucessful, but I found this quote above Apres Match which pretty much somes them up perfectly -
    From mountain springs deep in the minds of Gary Cooke, Risteárd Cooper and Barry Murphy comes a type of comedy so pure, so refreshing that it cleanses body and soul. Filtered through layers of TV and live audiences for over five years, Apres Match has a natural effervescence caused by an element Marty Whelan describes as "gas".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I loved the one about Big Brother Aqaurium and Mick Mc Carthy`s track suit ..LMAO
    They are class.
    Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Another classic was the one after the Irish-Cameroon game where the Dunphy chap dressed up as a leprechaun, danceing away, while saying he was selling his opinions left right and centre, which could be changed at any time. Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

heard they also done a sketch pullijn the piss out of the new nike ad..
    heard it was hilarious..
    ya, anybody know where we can find skecthes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i love these sketches but i miss them seeing as i am at other places when they're on. will RTÉ be playing all of these again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Best Apres Match

Gazza piissed under the table speechless after Englands 0-0 while the UTv try to coax some conversation out of him.

Also Dunphy dressed as a drunken flag waving leprechaun, trying to flog his Roy Keane book at 50% off was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    will RTÉ be playing all of these again

knowing RTE they will prob try to milk the series dry....

when the world cup is over there will prob be a video released if not it will definitly be out for xmas... RTE needs to make a bit a cash if they're not going get a TV licence increase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seen the dunphy keane one today brilliant.
    "well i had a bet on with paddy power at 3-1 that i be out by the 2nd round"

lmao
    Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by conZ
    heard they also done a sketch pullijn the piss out of the new nike ad..
    heard it was hilarious..

Oh lord it was. The Dunphy/Keane scetch was brilliant too..

• Advertisement
Advertisement