Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

port scan question

• 08-08-2001 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

1. Does anyone use ZoneAlarm or a program like it?

2. Have you been getting a much higher amount of activity lately in your log files?

3. Is this related to the CODE RED 2 virus?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Yes, yes and maybe. I'm not sure about Code Red, but I've certainly been getting alot more attempted connections to my http port over the last few days. I also seem to be getting alot more ICMP unreachables too, although I don't know if this is related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

AT+T/Roadrunner disabled the port 80 function on all thier users so they can no longer infect or be infected by code red. My alarm count dropped to 0 pretty much instantly, at first I was worried I was infected until I read up on thier site what they had done.

Also annoyed a lot of people who were illegally hosting a web server. smile.gif

Advertisement