Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop not recognising CD ROM drive

• 08-08-2001 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

My friends Dell Latitude LS doesn't recognise his external cd rom drive when he plugs it in and restarts. For a second, the icon of a floppy drive shows up in My Computer, but then disappears because its not working properly.
    Its attached properly, because the drive can be opened and closed, but it thinks its an A drive.

is there something he should have installed to make the computer support the CD rom drive when he got his laptop? i checked the dell site and couldn't find any downloads that sounded right, but maybe i just didnt' understand what they were for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Is it enabled in the BIOS setup. Can't remember exactly but there should be an option for hot plug cd afaik.

ctrl-alt-enter should get you into the bios. or f2.

Advertisement