Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Digital Phoneline

• 12-06-2002 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am contemplating getting sky digital but am a little confused about the issue of a phoneline being connected to the box .

What happens if your house does not have a landline phone? I will be moving house shortly and plan to rely on my mobile for a while at least. Will I still be able to get sky digital installed ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Contact some of your local installers. They should be able to tell you if they require a phone connection. It is one of the conditions of installation but according to some installers on these very boards Sky don't want to loose customers just because they dont have a phone.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It may prove awkward not having phoneline as it's getting very hard to get a card activated just by ringing Sky. CS won't activate them anymore and instead have to ring 0044 number. They will ask why it wasn't activated by phoneline:(.

Some installers may not connect phoneline permanently but still use it to activate card.

But, anyway, no harm in shopping around to see if anyone will do it for ya. Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement