Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready to blow actually swallowing...

• 07-08-2001 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Got a problem with a phone that seems to be swallowing its credit, dunno if the muppets are going to refund it.

Anyone got experience of this, was it a network or phone fault, and do Eircell refund?

Cheers,
    Al.

Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Scrap

how is this topic relevant to "Technology" ?

try posting it up on the "Counterstrike" boards biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

that title is misleading !
    It promises so much
    [snicker snicker]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Nets/Comms would seem best, but it's not doing any harm here :P

The only thing I can think of is either a friend grabbing it and calling somewhere as a joke, or you accidentally pressing buttons when it's in your pocket. Do you lock the keypad?

See, if it was a bill phone you'd get lovely itemised billing so you can see exactly what's happening. </gloat>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Scrap

nah, but on the seroius note
    i know what your talking about
    the same thing happened to me, but not to such an extreme extend. i had a tener in my phone..and it swallowed it, i gave eircom a ring and within 10mins i had the tener back in the phone

so, to answere your question, yes eircom DO give refunds, just give 'em a ring !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Al,

That happened to me a few times when I was using the Eircell network. What would happen is that I would find my credit surprisingly low and then out of the blue I would get it back again.

But that would all happen with the same month. So wait 2 weeks or so, and it nothing happens get on to them about it. I'm sure if your credit deductions are out of your contro, it's not your fault and you shouldn't have to put up with it.

You could even tell them that you had important calls to make and that you were unable due to this inconvenience. Remind them that this doesn't seem to happen on Esat's eqivalent service, and that a future occurance could provoke you to switch networks smile.gif

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ive seen this a lot . and l8ly its happening more . im betting its with eircell so ring them up and give out the girl or guy on the other end should say somthn like " yes were having a problom with the credit system it may take a while to come in to your account " or " ill just look into that and if you phone shows signs of this i shall credit your account " if you are using some prg on ur phone to edit the clock they wont give it back to you . or if for some reason ur phone was giving you free phone calls thats another reason its not there . also look to see what eirtime option you are on . it may of changed without u knowing .

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ian, Ready to Swallow (or whatever it's called) doesn't have Eirtime options, it's pay per call.

It aint the keypad.

Weston, the trouble happens when

credit == 0, credit++, credit still == 0

... get it? smile.gif

Was it like that?

Al.

ye it dose the eirly bird option and the night somthn one .
    just ring up there phone line and tell the lady on the line " listen there a bomb in the station"
    ..... nono that dosent sound right ...... o ye " u couldent catch the celica "
    .......... no no wrong again ..... o ye now i rember " u eat my cash . money now r hellfire apon thee" and she will just hang up but explain what has happened and she will give it back and say somthn like . we are experincing probs with some of are credit computers you refund will be in your accound shortly

also look at the times of the posts 3 in the time it took me to do my first one

[This message has been edited by elexes (edited 08-08-2001).]

Yeah we'll give'm a ring so smile.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by elexes:

also look at the times of the posts 3 in the time it took me to do my first one
    </font>

I think it may have something to do with the topic, I was on the mark there methinks smile.gif

You guys get the PCs home in good shape?

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

credit = 0;
    happy = false;
    idea = true;

credit++,
    if (credit = 0) or (credit == false)
    then dial(1741,now)
    else (happy = true) or (idea = false)

better?

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 08-08-2001).]

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MiCr0:
    if (credit = 0) or (credit == false)

else (happy == true) or (noidea == true)

</font>

1. It's an integer, not a boolean you cretan smile.gif
    2. == can't do assignments smile.gif

Some people... :P

Al.

Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I've noticed Ready to Go occasionally lets you spend credit that you don't have. A few times now I've found when my credit's at zero I can't make calls but I can still send text messages - loads in fact - then hey! when I top up with a tenner, within about 2/3 mins the credits gone down by a quid or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 unsane

You'll be lucky if they give you any money back. The odds are that the money could have been taken off of messages that you sent and forgot about(or thought were getting free) or your phone has been making calls in your pocket.

You can ring up and threathen to go to another network, or write a letter, complain till the person at the other end of the phone has bleeding ears. But they will not re-imburse you. Whoever said that they got their money back after 10 mins is either on crack, or is the most persuasive person in the world.

The best approach is to ring up, be nice to the person guy or girl at the end of the phone(theres no point in giving them a load of hassle, do you know how many calls they get a day with people saying "My phone ate my baby"), if you're cool about it they are more likely to escalate it to a manager or someone, that said, they are still probably gonna give you a story along the lines of "We are experencing technical difficulties with parts of our system, eh, we'll try to have it not as broken soon etc."

The moral of the story is, your credit has been eaten, thats the price you pay for using an Eircell phone with a somewhat ok(ish) reception as opposed to an Esat phone with no reception at all, or even a meteor phone which actually dosent exist at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,461 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Beware of Spendeasy - international calls are 150p/minute. That'll horse through your credit.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Yeah Al, I see where the problem lies now!.
    import java.io.*;
    import com.phobos.AntiMegaCorps.*;

public class CreditProblem{

boolean userHappy = true;

public static void main(String argv[]){
            ReadyToBlow rtb = new ReadyToBlow();

if(rtb.checkCredit() == 0)
                rtb.topupCredit(20);

do{
                if(rtb.checkCredit() != 20){
                    userHappy = false;
                    String number = rtb.getPhoneNumber();
                    dialNumber(number);
                }
                else
                    noMoreProblems();
            }while(userHappy == false);
        }

void dialNumber(String num){
            DTMFTerminal obj = new DTMFTerminal();
            obj.dial(num);
            obj.sendMsg("I will not tolerate this kind of **** service...........");
        }

void noMoreProblems(){
            userHappy = true;
        }
    }

An that's my object oriented view of the situation anyway. smile.gif

;-phobos-)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

AFAIK Eircells network was down for most of the day today, something could have happened to your credit during that time
    It was in the West of Ireland coverage went..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My bro used to work in RTG Customer Support. An old problem they used to have was that you could actually keep sending texts once your credit had run out, but you were charged for it. He wuz sayin that some people would ring up, they'd punch in the mob no., and it would say 'account balance: (minus)IEP£200.00'(as he did see once), so any credit put in was just swallowed up. This is more or less fixed now, you'd only just get 10 msgs max., b4 they stopped you, so anything else is just a fault in their badly-written software(I should know - I work for a subsidiary of theirs), and you will get your credit back

Just for some healthy competition for Artur: If you need any home computer repairs or advice then email me: seamustheseagull@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by seamus (edited 09-08-2001).]

well computers got back fine smile.gifbut just got a sms from ivan saying his 6 gig just died on him :P mine is running fine mad.gif ( kicks computer ) cya in a while . think ill be in dub some time soon so ill call into you when im out of my tree drunk looking for a computer to get sick on tongue.gif

Elexes, you're welcome to, but stay away from my Ms. Lapdancer with that vomit ... smile.gif

Micro, that still sucks. Now you're doing an assignment in the middle of an if test. What kind of programmer are you anyway!?

Weston, played! smile.gif

Al.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trojan:
    Elexes, you're welcome to, but stay away from my Ms. Lapdancer with that vomit ... smile.gif

Al.
    </font>

im promising nothn

• Advertisement
Advertisement