Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Drop Down Menu :(

Options
  • 12-06-2002 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Help,

I have no drop down menu on the boards.ie page, or on any other page. At the bottom left of my screen I have an error indicator which when clicked shows the following:

Line: 35
    Char: 133
    Error: Expected '}'
    URL: http://www.boards.ie

I was using IE5, changing to IE6 has not improved the situation.
    The weird thing is that this is not happening on my work PC. I appreciate that the bug may not be at your end, but any guidance here would be most welcome

BTW I have cleared the temp files and I am running through WinGate. All cached files on the proxy were cleared - still no joy

HMMM!!
    I have just noticed that javascript is not executing (I can't insert smilies) - WTF is going on.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I'have just gone here
    http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum15/HTML/000407.html
    and guess what - the drop down list on that page IS working

This is going way over my head at this point - Is it something I'm doing ??

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

have you turned off javascript?

Dev.

I don't think so - but I will double check this evening when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I went to the star wars board today, no drop down menu.. went back to previous page... fine.. back into starwars again and it was all good again... hmm.. curious.... Is cloud having phun or something?

Damn - still not working. Javascript is not turned off
    Looks like my 6 monthly format is coming sooner than expected :(

I reckon it's gotta be something at my end - though I have no idea what !!

• Advertisement

Just in case you are interested

I have removed the proxy server, and am dialing out directly - my drop down menus are back

Time to redeploy the proxy elsewhere methinks

Thnx for the suggestions anyway

Advertisement