Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NetBeans IDE

Options
  • 12-06-2002 6:57pm

Does anyone out there use NetBeans to program java graphical applications?

The IDE is at the NetBeans website

I was interested to see what other people think, I was thinking of getting it to learn JSP, servlets and stuff like that, mainly for the java.

But I'm not sure whether to use that over the tomcat implementation, I have that but not installed, I was going to see what others think.

Any comments as to whether or not Netbeans is any good as a graphical IDE?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I used it for around 2 months for my third year project.

I liked it and continue to use it. It does however need a fair amount of power and it's slightly buggy. It won't crash on you, but it's code completion stuff ain't great.

And it's free ! I used it for servlet/jsp development. I didn't use the bundled server, I ran the tomcat server on a different machine, running linux and samba to access it.

all worked fine.

Gav

Great thanks, i think i'll download that.

It seems to look good, I just want something to mess around with servlets and jsp, i have the tomcat server, can i use that if i set it up on the same computer, do you know?

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

yup, it's no problem running tomcat on the same machine. I split it up, cause I prefer to develop in windows and actually deploy on linux.

Gav

Advertisement