Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost my licence

Options
  • 12-06-2002 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

On a night out in the fair city of cork some weeks back it would appear that my full (god I love saying that) licence has gone missing. Anyone know how to rectify said dilemma? I imagine I would have to go to the motor tax office to be reissued with a new one but Id rather know for sure before I waste a few hours queuing with corks finest. Happened to anyone else or am I the only retard here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Afaik, you will have to go into the tax office with some other kind of ID and the appropriate amount of cash to pay for a replacement licence, which will then be posted out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

First off, you gotta go to a Garda Station to report your licence missing. They should then give you a form stating this and it should be stamped / signed by the Garda. Then bring this form to the tax office and ask for a replacement - Don't forget your photos

At least that was the way it was a few years ago

Good Luck

BTW an interesting point - if you move house and don't get the address on your licence changed accordingly - your licence is NOT valid - getting a licence reissued with a new address is free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The queues aren't so bad in Cork nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

As it happens it was in the pocket of one of my pants that went through the wash, dont know why it was there though, they werent pants I go out in. Doesnt look as bad as when my provo went through the wash, different powder maybe?

Thanks for the help all the same

Advertisement