Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics chemistry and applied maths

Options
  • 12-06-2002 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

I've accepted that I know nothing for accounting tomorrow so I'm thinking about next week.
    Damn new courses in physics and chemistry, impossible to predict! Does anyone know if an organic practical is guaranteed for chemistry?
    New physics paper is great tho, so much choice (5-12 pick 5!). Does anyone think the particle physics option is gonna be real easy cos its new on the course? C'mon easy paper!
    Hopefully statics/differential eqs wont be too hard for applied maths this year, they were dodge last yr! easy paper'd b a nice way to finish! Oh and ser I'm prepared well for 9 qs so put that in ur smartass pipe and smoke it.:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

My next exam is Physics. Then Chemistry, Economics and Finally Applied Maths....

Yes, an Organic Chemistry experiment is GUARENTTED in section 1...
    The other guarentee for section 1 is a Titration... Probably a Vineger one as it is on the new course but was never asked for over 10 years...

Physics is much much easier than last year. My guess in regards to particle physics is a very very easy question. They can't ask much. Just memory stuff and a few quark layouts(make sure you know the electron, positron, proton and neutron configs)... You got to remember that there is alot of physics teachers that wouldn't have even dreamed of doing Particle Physics as it was still in its early stages in the 50s and 60s... I can't see the DOE throughing any big Questions in that region...

I'm going to get me an A in both Physics and Chemistry ;)

As for Applied Maths. I just scraped a pass in it last year. The exams are bloody hard. I'm going to shine in Differential Equations, Dynamics, Linear motion and Projectiles... The rest is up in the air for the moment. I won't be touching Rigid Body Motion with a 20m barge poll...
    Good luck next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I'm possibly the only person who will go in next fri actually planning to do rigid body rotation, lash down the proof and thats 20 easy marks. I want good rel velocity porjectiles newtons laws SHM rigid body n differential eqs. Havent done hydrostatics have rest as backups.
    Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Heh i'm going doing rigid body rotation too, along with velocity time graph things, projectiles, hydrostatics, projectiles and forces

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

LOL is it me or is everyone going for an A1 in both Physics and Chemistry? You do realise they can't give you all A1's :P

As for Applied Maths my favourites are differential equations, statics, hydrostatics, SHM, rigid body rotation and if relative wind comes up for Q2 i will do that. If it doesn't come up o will do connected particles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Lol well to join the group and to exceed the previous posters i'm going for A1's in all 3...and intend on getting em...that means i'll have to get like 98% in phy and chem by the looks of things with everyone else going for a1's :)
    Oh and ser I'm prepared well for 9 qs so put that in ur smartass pipe and smoke it

and in relation to that....you just said you don't have them well prepared.....i've 6 questions i can get an A1 from and will probally get an A1 from..........now shove that in your pipe and smoke it...what did u get in pre? :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

jesus lads calm down your meant to be studying not having **** throwing fights

Originally posted by -=Castaway=-
    jesus lads calm down your meant to be studying not having **** throwing fights

don't make me get my kinfe after you daniel..........

If you want to know all the relevant ones Ser:
    Maths 86
    Applied maths 94
    Physics 91
    Chemistry 92

I only took up applied maths in october of 6th year.
    And I do have my 9 qs prepared to A1 standard btw.

Man U Babe go read what you wrote in Serialkillers poll. Hypocritical ?!?

Ser asks a straight question-'How did u do in pre?', Joanne gives a straight answer.

• Advertisement

only took up applied maths in october of 6th year.

Molly does have a point there that wasn't a direct reply i'm afraid you are almost as boastful as me. Sorry :)

Almost.Not quite.

It wasn't your results that i was talking about it was this lil bit after
    I only took up applied maths in october of 6th year.

himm i think its about time everyone doing applied maths felt really sorry for emselves................ FRIDAY = POO !!!! - tho lotsa cramming time

Advertisement