Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servers...

Options
  • 12-06-2002 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any servers (free) that i can upload to? I was on F2S but they started charging... so they threw me out..
    Whats good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Why not make yourself at home here on the boards.ie? Haven't used the service, but I'm sure it'd suit a small personal site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Depends upon your requirements (e.g. server side scripting - if any, &c.).

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

ummm.. does boards provide much space?... it aint a personal site really.. but i spose tis small enough.. but i hope to have video footage by the end of the summer... any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

one way is to register a tk address(www.dot.tk) and direct this to any free space site, it doesnt matter about the url as the tk takes care of that.

Suggestions for free hosintg are:

Eircom
    ???
    cant remember any other

look for hosting close to home as it should be faster than hosting say in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If your looking for Active Server Pages hosting then go to http://www.brinkster.com . Brinkster give you 30MB with ADO components and others... but no CDONTS or email support :(
    I use them but the server arnt the best...but who cares.. its free

PHP & MySQL you can use Tripod. They give you aboot 50MB and unlimited bandwidth (I think!). There free aswell.

If you can find a better host...please tell me! :D

What scripting language does boards.ie allow you to use?? Do they let you use ASP? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Winters
    PHP & MySQL you can use Tripod. They give you aboot 50MB and unlimited bandwidth (I think!). There free aswell.
    Since when did Tripod start supporting PHP/MySQL? From what I can see they support only limited Perl-CGI.
    What scripting language does boards.ie allow you to use?? Do they let you use ASP? :confused:
    Any client-side language contained in your HTML :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Originally posted by The Corinthian

Since when did Tripod start supporting PHP/MySQL? From what I can see they support only limited Perl-CGI.
    See: http://www.tripod.lycos.co.uk/myaccount/freehosting/ - but they will inforce banners on your web pages. So if you really need php/asp support it's usually a better choice to go with paid hosting if it's not for a business site. Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with using your free webspace provided by the ISP's (apart from the long web address)

Advertisement