Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie - Offering my Services :)

• 12-06-2002 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I am a beginner 3D modeller, having recently started doing characters/weapons for Half-Life (learning via tutorials), and intend to become proficient enough to contribute to a project, sometime in the near-future.

I will put up some of my current/planned models in a few weeks (Weapons from the film "Blade", e.g. Mach 2, Shotgun, Cyclone, Samurai Sword, etc), and if you like my work, I'd be interested in working on some projects.

I am modelling in 3D Studio Max r3 and MilkShake 3D.

Also, any tips/hints regarding 3D Weapon Modelling in 3D Studio Max/MilkShake would be appreciated. TIA,

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Great to see new people stepping forward with their new found abilities...

It would seem the hype of recent projects has died down lately, M.Monkey, so that would give you ample time to continue practicing and getting better at what you do...

I might be looking for some 3D pictures very soon, so if you want to try your hand at that at some stage let me know and I'll get a list of needs later on. (It's for my VAR Mod Interactive Flash Game Type Point and Click 'Where's the Quad' exploration type adventure yolk ta thx)

Other than that, welcome to the world of the GE Board :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Magic Monkey
    Also, any tips/hints regarding 3D Weapon Modelling in 3D Studio Max/MilkShake would be appreciated. TIA,

Imo the best modeller who visits this board is [-=RaVeN=-].. search for some posts by him showing off his models, or i'm sure he'd give you some links to tutorials/help with modelling..

good luck :)

oh and there's a few decent tutorials here:

http://csnation.counter-strike.net/morph

tutorials about making scenes etc in Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Ta Drake :). I'd check the cs-skins forums M.Monkey the best HL modellers post there so you might learn a thing or 2. Also theres a page with tutorials so its a handy site.

i assume that www.cs-skins.net ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Thanks for the help, all.

I'll post a link when my weapons are finished.

Advertisement