Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC System

• 09-08-2001 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

PC system:

Athlon 1.4
    Atx 266mhz Socket A mobo
    ATX Midi Tower Case 300watt
    40GB Udma 100 HD
    256mb SDRAM PC-133
    32mb Geforce2 AGP
    12x LG DVD
    8x4x32 CD-RW
    3D PCI 64 sound onboard (onboard? the mobo?)
    56k pci internal modem
    floppy
    300w psu
    17" fst svga monitor
    keyboard + mouse
    Harmon Karmon Speakers

It cost's £1170.

Is it a good buy ?

Nil Desperandum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Chip... good speed.
    Motherboard... you haven't stated what make or model... there's lots of them! wink.gif
    Similarly, what make/model is the hard drive?
    Decent amount of RAM.
    What type of GeForce2 is there? There's 4 main ones.
    *skipped DVD*
    Make/Model of CD-RW?
    You're probably better off buying a seperate sound card... on board sound tends to be dodgy.
    *skip rest*

The price is *VERY* good... which is why I'm asking so many questions. You don't want to cut corners (I didn't with my machine, but I, er, have a crap monitor now because I ran out of money! smile.gif )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I'm just reading the specs from a sheet of printed paper which I obtained from a local vendor, I must go in and get the proper specs on all the parts. I was asking here on teh boards because the price sounds very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

basically yes, find out exactly what type of geforce it is. Even if its an mx, its still a good price, its just an athlon 1.4 is a bit wasted on a system with a geforce2 mx.

Advertisement