Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceanfree POP3 mail

• 09-08-2001 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

I'm having trouble of late sending mail from my Oceanfree account. I have no trouble receiving mail from oceanfree and I haven't made any changes to my POP3 servers so I don't know why this is happening.
    Incoming mail(POP3) mail.oceanfree.net
    Outgoing mail(POP3) mail.oceanfree.net
    I'm using Outlook Express.
    Anyone got any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Oceanfree changed their smtp server to smtp.oceanfree.net about 2 months ago smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I've used mail.oceanfree.net and smtp.oceanfree.net for the last two years now,i didn't even know that you could use the same for both.
    My oceanfree mail account has been a complete disaster for a month or so too(outlook either cannot connect or i get endless password verifications,that are rejected, even though i can still access it directly through the web), so much so that i've started using another account as my main one.
    That said it seemes to have settled down a lot in the last week or so,although it may be because i'm not getting very much mail to that address anymore

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

When I said "of late" I really ment "for the last 2 months"... biggrin.gif
    Thanks for that info Hecate! your a star!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Oceanfree e-mail was WAY better before they changed over to their "new improved system". Now if you log on through your browser and read an e-mail, Outlook Express cannot download that e-mail... and thousands of other really really annoying things. Bugger.

Advertisement