Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a lot of 80`s/goth/punk etc bands playing lately

Options
  • 13-06-2002 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Its nice to see some differant bands playing here, even if it took a lot of them nearly 20 years to come over, hopefully this will make other bands want to come over.

Siouxie
    the mission
    the damned
    now a-ha

plus many more..........
    It also nice to see many people are big fans of band like these also people interested in bands like curve etc. on this forum.

If your interested in this type of music you might want to check out Sindrome at the Temple Pub Dorset St.

their is an 80`s night on June 28th

loads more themed nights and specail events

Friday June 14th
    SINDROME @ The Temple Pub Dorset St,
    8pm til late admission E6.50/5 witha flyer
    NOW EVERY SECOND WEEK !!!!!

playing the best Goth , Electro, Punk, Metal.Industrial, 80`s music in town

resident dj`s Paul Byrne and Vainian plus guests

http://sindrome.gothic.ie
    (being updated with yet more photos anf flyers/themed nights and the black market ....)

keep up to date with whats going on :
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gothicpropaganda/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

That's cause it's dead trendy now. Punk's golden jubilee, and a long enough passage of time since the 80s for older people to get nostalgic and a new generation of kidz to discover it all for the 1st time.

Therefore, the bands are raking in the cash, and fair play to 'em. I can honestly stay I never stopped listening to 80s pop music and playing it on the radio even when it was resolutely unfashionable - but I can also honetly say I jumped on the bandwagon and launched an 80s night as soon as it was trendy again.

Advertisement