Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few small questions...

Options
  • 13-06-2002 2:26pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Alright, been trying to figure a few things out lately.

1) I managed to get demo's recording nicely, yet I cant seem to stop them unless I leave the arena or quit. I've tried all the obvious commands, and none work... Someone please put me out of my misery.

2) I'd like to spice up my nick. Im aware you can change text colours, but being the overly newbish bastard that I am I have no idea how... Can someone elaborate for me!? :D

3) Finally, I had my old QuakeIII config stored away with a few custom bots I downloaded years ago and, rather than create a new config from scratch after re-installing QuakeIII a year later, I pasted it over. There is a command in it, much like the CS/ TFC one where you can slightly stretch the side of your views so that it makes the game seem that little bit faster. FOV or something...

Any help is really really appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

1) /stoprecord i think

2)you can change the colour of a letter by doing this ^1RopeDrink that would make ure name all red, another example ^1R^7RopeDrink, that would make the R red and the rest white, i dunno what number corresponds to each colour so you can experiement with that yourself :)

3)the command is cg_fov, by default its 90 you shouldnt raise it too much above that say keep it under 110 (mine is 90) , your a cs player so you'd feel more comfortable with a lower fov anyway since in cs it is locked to 90, lower fov equals better aim but less awareness :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Thanks for that.
    My fov has been set to ninety by default - keeps me on my toes.
    As for the colours, if it's anything to do with the old Speccy / C64 colour pallete I'll know straight away...

Anyway, thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

When you're stuck for that console command: :)

http://www.planetquake.net/q3console/

Seriously though...shouldnt all games have a FAQ detailing all these confangled console commands and tweaks bundled with them, rather than having to go trouncing around the internet for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

most players online play on a mod called OSP which adds a load of new features to the game, including ways to do weird things with the names.

Advertisement