Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens M50

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

*Bump*
    This seems to be coming out next week some time..

Anyone know if it's a good phone? I'm looking for something reasonably priced, and the folks in the O2 shop say it should be about 60 euro on a bonus upgrade..

I see that the Java functionality of the phone depends on the operator supporting this. I presume 02 support this?

Can't seem to find how much memory is available for Java apps..
    Anyone any ideas? Are Java apps phone-specific? Are there generic Java apps available?

Thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Hi,

The phone isn't a bad phone. The java function is quite cool. You get java games on it (the surfing one is cool). The two problems with it are that 1) it takes forever to start a java app 2) The screen size is tiny and the resolution isn't the best. Each app can be from 5-90kb (mostly games are available). I've no idea how large the memory is but I'd say less than 500kb for sure. You can download them over WAP. Basically this means every provider should be able to offer it. There is also a way to download it over SMS but I think this is provider-dependant. I've got a friend who bought it about 3 months ago and she's had no problems which is quite important. I hope this helps.

Joe

Advertisement