Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Explorer Problem

• 09-08-2001 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

In Windows Explorer, I'm looking around the hard drive, opening and closing directories etc. Everytime I open a folder, it appears as though it flickers momentarily. Then when I go to close the folder, it promtly closes but then immediately it reopens again, then a second attempt at closing the folder does it. It is however extremely annoying; opening the Windows folder or any other such folder full of sub folders causes the entire menu system in Explorer to have a fit and close/reopen all the time.
    Is this a known bug ? Has anyone experienced this problem before ?

Any help is appreciated.

Nil Desperandum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

happens to me sometimes

The folders u r opening usually have large files or large amounts of files in them. Yes?

Or else u have a crappy CPU or RAM. Yes?

if one of these r right then that is something to do with it i believe.

Its not a bug... Just WINDOz in general.... smile.gif

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Couple of things to check.
    Is your mouse button on the blink (try reversing them from the Control Panel and see if that helps)?
    Is your double click sensitivity too high?
    Have you tried reinstalling the mouse driver?
    If USB, try disconnecting all other USB devices, and if using a hub of any kind try connecting it straight to the PC.
    If it is a performance issue, scandisk/defrag.
    Close all open tasks bar explorer and try again, maybe an indexing service is on the blink in the background and slowing file access down. If this works then disable your startup components in groups, and try and work out what's causing it by elimination.

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 11-08-2001).]

Advertisement