Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Editing Win2k/NT profiles

• 13-06-2002 11:00pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know a reasonable way to mess around with my profiles? At home and at college my profiles have become so clogged with crap that logging on takes about 5 times longer than it should.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

c:\Documents and Settings\user a/c name here and clear up whatever you don't need from the desired folders. Are you moving around from computer to computer using a roaming profile, if that's the case you have to wait for your profile to download to the computer from the server/cached information, the latter being the quickest if you've previously logged on to that computer.

you could simply stop services you don't need and make sure you aren't loading anything memory intensive on startup, should speed things up a bit.

I forget in nt, I think it's C:\Winnt\profiles\user a\c name here and as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Yeah Rob, I'm getting pretty pissed off too.

If you really want fast logins at all costs then you can make parts of your profile read-only in the registry so that a lot of tasks are unable to run. The draw back is that things like browser address caches etc are not mantained.

Hopefully the admins will get off their asses and do a full reinstall and clean-up over the summer. The only solution to most windows problems.

Advertisement