Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your head around this if you can !

• 07-08-2001 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Right ppl im having trouble with my geforce lately , whenever i try to run a game (eg halflife)I get an error - hl has caused an error in nvopengl.dll, I have tried upgrading DX to the latest one , i have also tried the new detonator drivers , the Geforce is sharing an irq with ACPI IRQ holder for PCI Steering but im guessing thats normal , The Geforce is a Creative Geforce DDR Pro. Can anyone help ?

If its not broke fix it until it is !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I know nothing about GeForce, but this sometimes works with GL stuff: rename the dodgy [name].dll to [name].old, and try again.

Gl,
    Al.

Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

You said that you have updated your DX version, and still nothing. But if you look at the dll where the fault is occuring, it clearly states OpenGL. So you are obviously using OpenGL to render the graphics.

Why not switch to DX and see how that works?

I don't fully trust the latest detonator drivers (on my TNT2) coz when I downloaded them, my DVD playback didn't seem to work at all. So they are not a good as nVidia are making them out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

It doesnt work at all then Phobos if i try D3D , ill assume thats what your are trying to tell me to do .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Set your display to VGA.
    Check Windows\INF\Other for any references to NVIDIA and delete them.
    Reinstall the last set of detonators you found to be stable - when asked do you want to overwrite newer files say YES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

...or re-install half-life.

if you havent checked if any other games work that is. if they do then just re-install HL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

are you using the emulator so you can use gl ? thought that gl was only used with voodoo cards ? maby im wrong . but try using somthn else even software rendering to fix it . i rember having a prob with the same card on my computer cant rember how i fixed it though . think it was a driver issue

fail on that could be the cardboard box is putting to mutch moisture on the card . like who would make a case with a cardboard box honestly ?!?
    what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

[This message has been edited by elexes (edited 11-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Make sure you have the right drivers, not a GTS or Ultra. Then make sure that Half-life is using Default drivers for OpenGL. If you are still getting the problem, take your NVopenGL.dll and copy it to you temp Dir. Then rename it to openGL.dll and put it in C:SIERRAHalf-Lifegldrv or where ever your HL dir is.

What version of the Det Drivers are you using? Also what version of HL do you have?

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

Advertisement