Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Studies, Help!

Options
  • 13-06-2002 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

I am absolutley dreading my CS exam this week. I did it last year and got a C2 with a bit work. This year i have done nothing whatsoever for it and to make matters worse a friend of mine has hijacked my decent nd is nowhere to be found. Has anyone got any advice/tips or anything on that matter so i can pass this exam and at least get a C again? The questions i am doing are

Alexander the Great
    Medea/Oedipus Rex
    Greek art and sculpture
    Writers of the Augustan Age - Livy, Perpertous and Ovid

If anyone can is willing to give me any help through PM or here i'd be ever so grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

You really need your notes. Classics is a easy exam as in all you do is read and remember it.

You have until Wednesday so get busy :)

Some topics that may come up in Alex this year are
    • Greek Campaigns
    • Battle of Isos
    • Alex the man / solider and some other thing :)
    • Conspiracy of Philotos
    • Town of Mowli (Spellin?)
    • Conspiracy of Philotos
    • Alex's divinity (Was he Zeus's son blah di da)

Thats just some of hte main stuff i can think of.

Medea is pretty short just concentrae on
    - Flawed ending
    - Corus
    - King Aegus and Creon
    - Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by damnyanks
    You really need your notes. Classics is a easy exam as in all you do is read and remember it.

Easier said than done :P

Thanks for the hints though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

You really should have done the work. If you're in dublin, maybe you'll know someone who has Institute notes - I used those when I did CS in '98 and they were amazing.

All I can say is the best of luck in it, I'm sure a lot of it will come back to you. Just cram like you never crammed before and take an evening off before the exam.

Advertisement