Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Hoping To Get?

Options
  • 14-06-2002 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

So far i have notced up a B in Maths(checked my paper :P) an almost definite B in History and hopefully a B in English. I'm hoping that i can get B's in chemistry, economics, classical studies and applied maths. I'm a little worried with applied maths/classics but some cramming will get me through them hopefully :P
    I think my A1 in physics is almost 100% certain. The thing what i really want there is to get into the top 3 so i get an nice shiny prize and commendation. When i get that commendation i am going to go back to my old school, find my physics teacher and ram the pointy end (i hope there is a pointy end:P) of the trophy up her ass

I'll probably have a little competition for top spot with Serial though. I'll race ya to the top bitch :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Good luck on that 3rd place...
    But you will have to make way for mise as I'll be taking 1st or 2nd :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

You seem full of confidence about how well you've done, I'd be wary as you might get an unpleasant surprise.

I'd say i got an A in ordinary level maths, but I wouldn't try and call any of my other results because at the end of the day I don't have a clue and I don't want to be building my expectations up only to be disappointed come results day. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic though :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

pfffff..the leaving...easiest exam you'll ever do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

prob get around 330-360 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I did average in english, probably get a C
    made a complete boll0x of irish (change to higher on the day)
    did pretty well in maths, probably a B3/C1
    Did alright in french, very well in geography and business and still got physics to go
    probably get around 400

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Roughly a B1 in Maths, Roughly an A2 in irish, not counting french or english as i'm really really awful at them, with physics (A2), Chemistry (B2), Applied Maths ( anywhere between B3 and A2) and Economics (A1) left to come so i should get around 520 hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by Chaos-Engine
    Good luck on that 3rd place...
    But you will have to make way for mise as I'll be taking 1st or 2nd :p

Damn Boy dat no.1 spot is mine ! :p

Maths : A1...hopefully
    Home Ec : B If i'm really really lucky :)
    Business : C i think
    ...3 more to do...hopefully all A1's...................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

Was originally hoping for 460ish. How these exams went, well a 435 is deep in my prayers, as long as I didn't fail bloody Home Ec. Without that, I can definitely wave bye bye to my 2nd choice (Biz & German TCD).

Jer

Ser good luck getting your A1 in physics.. it shouldn't be too difficult they're marking the paper easier because we are the 1st year doing the new course :cool:

As for the actual exam:
    Q1-4: Common experiment questions where data is obtained, Snell's Law, Joule's Law, Boyle's Law, wavelength of light, frequency of a string w/ tension, SHL water, etc.

Q5-12: Answer 5. Question 5 sort answer questions, definetly doing this question, Q11 science in modern day question (probably going to be on nuclear phsyics), Q12 is four parts, do 2, then 2 remaining questions to do:
    Q7: an easy question, definetly on heat
    Q9,10: both probably on electricity (current carrying conductor in magnetic field, electromagnetism, semiconductors, electron, etc.)
    it's not a hard exam!

Ser good luck getting your A1 in physics.. it shouldn't be too difficult they're marking the paper easier because we are the 1st year doing the new course

Good Luck to you aswell............and i can't imagine our marking scheme is going to be too good...easy paper but hard marking scheme..half da country seem to be going for A1's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There was a mistake in the CAO office, I got a billion points muhahahaahahahahhaa. Not really Did German Today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

As long as I get that A1 in Arabic I'm grand for 1st choice in terrorism school;)

Does anyone actually do that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by damnyanks
    As long as I get that A1 in Arabic I'm grand for 1st choice in terrorism school;)

Does anyone actually do that ?

Yes and i found your remarks disrespectful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

So far i have notced up a B in Maths(checked my paper :P) an almost definite B in History and hopefully a B in English. I'm hoping that i can get B's in chemistry, economics, classical studies and applied maths. I'm a little worried with applied maths/classics but some cramming will get me through them hopefully :P
    Yes and i found your remarks disrespectful
    I find your lies disrespectful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BTBB

83 did Arabic this year.

I'm hoping for around 530 points (got that much in the Pre). Only need 420.

As for maximum possible points: i'd imagine 16 bit unsigned integers => 65335 (or techincally -1(unsigned int) ).

BTBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

So far theres been nothing really out of the ordinary. Provided I do ok next week probs over 500, how much over is the question. I need 485 for my course so really anything over that is a bonus.
    Just cant wait for it all to be over at this stage, roll on my holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Hope for over 500. :)

Dunno,

Maths? A hopefully (brushing A1 possibly if all went well)
    Economics? A1 i hope (got it in my mock and in nearly every other economics exams ever)
    English? B1/A2
    French? B2
    Physics? A2
    Chemistry? A1
    Irish? B3/C1

Not couting irish, and i'm not sure what that'll add up to.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

Originally posted by Repli
    made a complete boll0x of irish (change to higher on the day)

you cant change irish on the day because you already did your oral at one level so if you change to another level for the written and aural your well and truely fuxxored, hl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Lots of people do a common level oral, where the examiner isn't told which level you're doing and just picks questions based on your ability, if you did that you can change on the day. I know everyone in my school did the common level Oral, not sure how common it is nationwide. You can't change down to or up from foundation though because it's a completely different oral.

Originally posted by d4r3n

you cant change irish on the day because you already did your oral at one level so if you change to another level for the written and aural your well and truely fuxxored, hl.

no.. i must have done the common oral because my irish teacher told me i could change if i wanted.. and the examiner told her that i passed anyway

• Advertisement

he doesnt pick up what level your doing, the put honors in first, then ordinary then foundation according to what level you selected beforehand on that pink sheet thingy. we were told you can change any level on the day, except irish because of the oral.

He never asked me was I doing higher or ordinary.. but I'd say it was higher because he started asking me about violence and world peace..

ah, must have just been the way it was run in my school so. we went in, said what level then did the oral and told we couldnt change for the written and aural.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BTBB

Irish has two orals: foundation and Higher/Ordinary. No examiner technicaly should know which level someone from the latter is doing but your teacher tells them.

For English there is a foundation oral, to the best of my kowledge all other orals are higher/ordinary, allwoing a change on the day.

BTBB

our irish was also not allowed change on the day.......

Advertisement